Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

15 hours ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

As just a casual observation and totally uneducated view, I think it will be interesting to see how both Fultz and AG develop with their 3's. Comparing the two, I think with AG, the issue is between his ears. Most of the time, he squares himself up, and his shot looks great from a physical standpoint, but his mind is not calm, so he overcompensates. Fultz, however, seems to be the opposite. He has shown he is patient and calm under pressure, but the physical side of things is off. I think they will both get there; it's just going to be a different journey for each.

I was watching the Clippers game (I don't see many at all) and there was a shot where it was REALLY painfully obvious that he hadn't decided if it would be a straight shot or a bank off the glass even by the time it was at his finger tips. You're right, he's still way overthinking and needs to clear his head and go with confidence.

• Upvote 1

Dear coach Clifford, please remember that every day you insist to use the Vuc-Birch pairing, a kitten dies.

Seriously, how long until this change? It's not like there're no other solutions available, and we'll not recover either Isaac or Aminu soon, so that's not exactly a temporary solution.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Dear coach Clifford, please remember that every day you insist to use the Vuc-Birch pairing, a kitten dies.

Seriously, how long until this change? It's not like there're no other solutions available, and we'll not recover either Isaac or Aminu soon, so that's not exactly a temporary solution.

I think Gary Clark is gonna be the starting 4 soon. Kind of surprised he’s not starting Iwundu/Gordon though. We’ve been playing a 10 man rotation lately but I think once Clark is more comfortable it drops back down to 9 and Khem is the odd man out. He’s literally afraid to shoot

That lineup has a 3.9 net rating in 62 minutes. It is the Vuc/AG/EF/Ross/Fultz lineup that is getting killed at -9.5. 

Vuc/AG/Wes/EF/Fultz is -11.4 too. 

7 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

That lineup has a 3.9 net rating in 62 minutes.

Yeah, I said a few days ago that some stats could surely show that the starting lineup is not bad.

BUT... I've also said that Gordon is the only healthy PF we have, and using him for a good part of his minutes as SF really makes no sense for me. It affects all the rest of the rotation during the game too, if the two best options in that role (at least in coach mind) are deployed at the same time, and not with the second unit.

16 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Yeah, I said a few days ago that some stats could surely show that the starting lineup is not bad.

BUT... I've also said that Gordon is the only healthy PF we have, and using him for a good part of his minutes as SF really makes no sense for me. It affects all the rest of the rotation during the game too, if the two best options in that role (at least in coach mind) are deployed at the same time, and not with the second unit.

I see your point. However, if I remember correctly, didn't we have AG at SF when he had one of his best shooting nights? Maybe we are hindering AG's development by playing him at PF. Now, that may screw up JI when he comes back, but I think we need to see what we have in AG, too. 

On 1/15/2020 at 7:16 PM, Fultz4thewin said:

Isaac has defensive player of the year upside.

Fultz has definite star moments and the pedigree to give him that kind of ceiling. This month alone he has a 6 steal game, the highest single game +/- in the post Dwight era, and a 12 point 4th quarter against another playoff team. 

We played the draft pick game already and it didn't work. It requires considerable luck and the right guy to be there and we're not in a place to sacrifice seasons of guys we already have. 

And is Boston succeeding simply because of jaylen Brown and Tatum's talent? Or are they succeeding because they added those guys to a 48 win team that had good vets to teach them how to win?

Is Toronto succeeding simply because of siakam and Fred Vanvleet's talent? Or are they succeeding because they added those guys to a 56 win team that had good vets to teach them how to win?

What about Utah with Donovan Mitchell?

I think a lot of player's value is natural but a large underrated portion is putting them into the best position to succeed. 

I don't think you can just lose for several years and gather a ton of young players together and expect them to turn into winners. It's why Phoenix hasn't succeeded with their 10 lotto picks in the last 9 drafts. It's why the Lakers looked terrible before they dumped all their young players. It's why Minnesota hasn't had any sustained success despite being in the lottery almost every year since 2005. 

You gotta get talent then develop it. You can't just let the talent lose and develop bad habits. 

Wow.  I’ve been saying much the same for a long time, but not as well.