Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

11 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

I love Isaac and love Fultz.  I don't know if I see star with them and to me putting them in high pressure playoff situations is way overrated.  We don't have the talent base to be something special.  We need more draft picks!  I can see us having this same conversation years from now if things don't dramatically change:)  

I am interested on what you think about Denver, they dont really have a flat our star and yet they are still 3rd in the West. Jokic and Murray to me could be the same as a Fultz and Isaac duo and they just have decent players around them. 

10 minutes ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

I am interested on what you think about Denver, they dont really have a flat our star and yet they are still 3rd in the West. Jokic and Murray to me could be the same as a Fultz and Isaac duo and they just have decent players around them. 

I would argue jokic is a star

10 minutes ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Jokic is 100% a star. Maybe not a conventional one, but undoubtedly a star

8 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

I love Isaac and love Fultz.  I don't know if I see star with them and to me putting them in high pressure playoff situations is way overrated.  We don't have the talent base to be something special.  We need more draft picks!  I can see us having this same conversation years from now if things don't dramatically change:)  

Isaac has defensive player of the year upside.

Fultz has definite star moments and the pedigree to give him that kind of ceiling. This month alone he has a 6 steal game, the highest single game +/- in the post Dwight era, and a 12 point 4th quarter against another playoff team. 

We played the draft pick game already and it didn't work. It requires considerable luck and the right guy to be there and we're not in a place to sacrifice seasons of guys we already have. 

And is Boston succeeding simply because of jaylen Brown and Tatum's talent? Or are they succeeding because they added those guys to a 48 win team that had good vets to teach them how to win?

Is Toronto succeeding simply because of siakam and Fred Vanvleet's talent? Or are they succeeding because they added those guys to a 56 win team that had good vets to teach them how to win?

What about Utah with Donovan Mitchell?

I think a lot of player's value is natural but a large underrated portion is putting them into the best position to succeed. 

I don't think you can just lose for several years and gather a ton of young players together and expect them to turn into winners. It's why Phoenix hasn't succeeded with their 10 lotto picks in the last 9 drafts. It's why the Lakers looked terrible before they dumped all their young players. It's why Minnesota hasn't had any sustained success despite being in the lottery almost every year since 2005. 

You gotta get talent then develop it. You can't just let the talent lose and develop bad habits. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Jokic is 100% a star. Maybe not a conventional one, but undoubtedly a star

Ok yes he is a star but imo I dont feel like he could elevate a team like a Durant, Curry or James type player would. Start of this year he looked bad, I dont deny he has talent but to me I think Isaac could do what what he does over time and puts in the work. 

Jaylen Brown and Josh Jackson entered the NBA as practically the exact same player with the exact same level of natural talent. Why is brown an all star and Jackson barely hanging on to being in the league?

Also, we need an explainer about what "being stuck in mediocrity" is. Detroit post Blake Griffin trade was stuck in mediocrity because they doubled down on winning with a roster built around players who peaked, were effectively untradable for non-negative stuff, had no hope coming from young players turning into anything more than role players, and had a ceiling of a first round exit. 

We're not stuck in mediocrity. We have all of our future picks. All of our veterans are on tradable contracts. And arguably our current two best players have a lot of growth left available to them. 

Mediocrity is possible. We could easily get there if Vucevic blew out his achilles, Bamba sucks, Gordon has this nagging injury stick around for the rest of his career making him something like recent Nic Batum, and we sign Fournier to like a 4 year 80 million contract. We can find ourselves there but it's not really something to worry about yet. 

4 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Mediocrity is possible. We could easily get there if Vucevic blew out his achilles, Bamba sucks, Gordon has this nagging injury stick around for the rest of his career making him something like recent Nic Batum, and we sign Fournier to like a 4 year 80 million contract. We can find ourselves there but it's not really something to worry about yet. 

Yeah I am more sitting on the positive side as you mentioned with the team having young star potential players, considering after Dwight Howard and the years of not winning last year and this year gives me high hopes. 

On 1/12/2020 at 7:38 AM, Luke_FfS said:

That's completely false, last season was a big big improvement in %'s, consistence, defense, a very good season overall and a key reason for the growth of the team, while two seasons ago he was shooting too much and with a bad selection sometimes, while not defending at his level at all.

I’m sorry but do you research things before you respond? His ts% has been down since his second year in the league- with a brief blip last year thanks to his 3point proficiency that I already mentioned.  It’s gone now anyway.  Either way, everything else was down.  Everything.  Just go look at his advanced stats on bball reference...look at EVERYTHING.  There is a clear trend.  Again I have nothing against him; given our position we would be wise to sell as high as possible.  His value is not going up, that is all.  No emotion.  

• Downvote 2

3 hours ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Jokic is definitely a star.