Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Just now, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

No that's garbage and you know it.  Sounds like the company line.  We have never done crap in our history except for drafting 2 centers #1 in the NBA draft that led us to 2 finals.  Cant be disputed and that is the truth

Who cares about our history? How is that relevant to what's happening today?

The most recent champion built a team through smart drafting, gathering assets, developing young players, and being opportunistic with trades. That's the path forward. 

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

It means your post was a non sequitur relative to what going on. It's not relevant to anything. You're complaining about something that isn't really relevant to what's going on today with the team. Martins hasn't been relevant to basketball decisions for almost 3 years. We aren't stuck in mediocrity yet because the core of our team is still extremely young. You're having anxiety about choices that aren't important for 18 months

2 centers 2#1picks 2 finals.  Stop!  Everything else is you just liking you!

11 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

2 centers 2#1picks 2 finals.  Stop!  Everything else is you just liking you!

When is the next generational #1 pick center coming in the draft? It's not this year so why do we have to worry about that today?

2 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

When is the next generational #1 pick center coming in the draft? It's not this year so why do we have to worry about that today?

Does not have to be a center or in this draft.  You have to put yourself in a position do draft a franchise changing player.  It is not a perfect science and we will miss but what other option is there?  No free agent star is coming here without a star in place:)

1 minute ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Does not have to be a center or in this draft.  You have to put yourself in a position do draft a franchise changing player.  It is not a perfect science and we will miss but what other option is there?  No free agent star is coming here without a star in place:)

Oh so now it doesn't matter if it's a center. 

Well good news, we have a number 1 pick point guard who is the best prospect since we started our rebuild other than Zion and a potential DPOY type player. Mission accomplished. Now let's develop them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Oh so now it doesn't matter if it's a center. 

Well good news, we have a number 1 pick point guard who is the best prospect since we started our rebuild other than Zion and a potential DPOY type player. Mission accomplished. Now let's develop them. 

Don't be dumb.  We have Fultz, Isaac and Bamba.  In no sane world is that enough top end talent!  We need that dude.  You know it and I know it!  So how do we get there?

4 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Don't be dumb.  We have Fultz, Isaac and Bamba.  In no sane world is that enough top end talent!  We need that dude.  You know it and I know it!  So how do we get there?

We develop fultz and Isaac so that they reach their potential and then put them in the best possible position to succeed going into their prime. 

2 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

We develop fultz and Isaac so that they reach their potential and then put them in the best possible position to succeed going into their prime. 

Really so that is all the talent we need to win a chip?  Are we just happy with lower playoff seeds or are we trying to win the whole damn thang?  My NFL analogy comes in play now, you would not put up with your NFL team striving for mediocrity?

4 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Really so that is all the talent we need to win a chip?  Are we just happy with lower playoff seeds or are we trying to win the whole damn thang?  My NFL analogy comes in play now, you would not put up with your NFL team striving for mediocrity?

That's all the talent we need to have a foundation. Now it's time to build around those guys. There isn't an alternative method. Unless you want to dump everyone including fultz and Isaac and start from ground zero this is the path forward. 

You don't tank for an entire roster of young players. You tank for one or two foundational pieces and then build around them. 

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

That's all the talent we need to have a foundation. Now it's time to build around those guys. There isn't an alternative method. Unless you want to dump everyone including fultz and Isaac and start from ground zero this is the path forward. 

You don't tank for an entire roster of young players. You tank for one or two foundational pieces and then build around them. 

Okay I thought you actually watched the nba!  We are not even close talent wise to anything!  I love our players but you know greatness when you see it and we don't have that.  Fultz is the only one and that is a longshot!!

• Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Okay I thought you actually watched the nba!  We are not even close talent wise to anything!  I love our players but you know greatness when you see it and we don't have that.  Fultz is the only one and that is a longshot!!

You don't really know what you're talking about. 

• Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

You don't really know what you're talking about. 

Really I have a lot of years that say I do.  When you were a child I was watching this league.  The smartest people in life find someone who knows more then they do and listen to them,   copy them,  and learn.  But you seem you have it all figured out! Your hubris is your weakness!!!