Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

I feel like the Magic are now not in the business of trying to win a title and are just happy filling the arena being a mid level playoff team.  You can say what ever you want but I have been true freaking magic blue since 89.  Alex Martins is the worst thing ever for this franchise!

3 hours ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Being Magic fans and sports fans I would assume a lot of you are NFL fans and have a team you support.  Anyone on here a Dolphin fan?  

Yep! Right here. Looking forward for Tua

• Upvote 1

Here is my analogy and please feel free to rip it apart.  We are here for debate about the team we love.  Okay signing Vuc is like the Dolphins giving fitzpatrick a long term deal..  You might win some games but overall you are going to be below average because that is just who that player is.  We are so just mediocre.  I don't think people would accept their NFL team not trying to win why are we accepting mediocrity from our Magic and think it's okay?

1 hour ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

I feel like the Magic are now not in the business of trying to win a title and are just happy filling the arena being a mid level playoff team.  You can say what ever you want but I have been true freaking magic blue since 89.  Alex Martins is the worst thing ever for this franchise!

old-man-yells-at-cloud.jpg

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

old-man-yells-at-cloud.jpg

What does that even mean?  I have seen and experienced more basketball than you?  I have been around since the inception of this franchise and you are just new to the game?  You have very insightful knowledge you share on here and I have learned from you and I appreciate it.  But humble yourself a bit!  Your a baby when it comes to bball knowledge!  

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Okay what is your opinion on the direction this franchise is going?   What is the long term plan?

Keep trying to get to the playoffs as that's the best way to develop young players. By throwing them into games that matter. 

Keep gathering talented players

Position ourselves as a good option for the next superstar trade like embiid, towns, giannis, Beal. 

Try to assemble the best team possible by July 2021 to hit the ground running into fultz and Isaac's prime. 

Live with whatever results we get from that through 2025 unless worst case scenario happens. 

If it doesn't work rebuild. If it does work reload into those guys late 20s early 30s

4 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Keep trying to get to the playoffs as that's the best way to develop young players. By throwing them into games that matter. 

Keep gathering talented players

Position ourselves as a good option for the next superstar trade like embiid, towns, giannis, Beal. 

Try to assemble the best team possible by July 2021 to hit the ground running into fultz and Isaac's prime. 

Live with whatever results we get from that through 2025 unless worst case scenario happens. 

If it doesn't work rebuild. If it does work reload into those guys late 20s early 30s

No that's garbage and you know it.  Sounds like the company line.  We have never done crap in our history except for drafting 2 centers #1 in the NBA draft that led us to 2 finals.  Cant be disputed and that is the truth

8 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

What does that even mean?  I have seen and experienced more basketball than you?  I have been around since the inception of this franchise and you are just new to the game?  You have very insightful knowledge you share on here and I have learned from you and I appreciate it.  But humble yourself a bit!  Your a baby when it comes to bball knowledge!  

It means your post was a non sequitur relative to what going on. It's not relevant to anything. You're complaining about something that isn't really relevant to what's going on today with the team. Martins hasn't been relevant to basketball decisions for almost 3 years. We aren't stuck in mediocrity yet because the core of our team is still extremely young. You're having anxiety about choices that aren't important for 18 months

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1