Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

4 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

You can say that again. I was shaking my head while watching Maggete last night in garbage time.

Do you think Iwandu can play the point in a backup role?

cCDBU0.gif<"Oh-my-gosh-no way!"

I think Iwundu can, not sure about iwandu idk who that is. Lol

3 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I think Iwundu can, not sure about iwandu idk who that is. Lol

Haha. . . You're so funny, really. Iwandu/Iwundu. . .at least you knew who I meant, Mr. smarty pants. Maybe Iwandu is Iwundu's twin sister.

bFrnKb.png    ;)

14 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Haha. . . You're so funny, really. Iwandu/Iwundu. . .at least you knew who I meant, Mr. smarty pants. Maybe Iwandu is Iwundu's twin sister.

bFrnKb.png    ;)

;)  I had too. 

Dont worry dj will be back, he’s gunning for his last contract. 

18 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

;)  I had too. 

Dont worry dj will be back, he’s gunning for his last contract. 

Ain't nothing wrong with that. Vuch played for a contract and others are now doing the same, such as Fournier.

Btw, didn't you mean--'I had to'?  **cough**    nySONx.jpg

17 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Magic have applied for two DPE’s for JI and Aminu. Not a good sign for a JI comeback this season.

I'm going to sound like a downer to those who read the end of the Wizards thread, but that one is about to stop getting traffic so I'll give my 2 cents again here.  I think JI either tore or severely damaged his LCL (aka FCL).  The press release from the Magic omitted mentioning that ligament, but they said the ACL/MCL/PCL are fine.  The LCL is located in the posterolateral corner of the knee, which is what is damaged per the report. 

I think to make people not panic, they just left it as "posterolateral corner injury".  That is far more nebulous and non-severe sounding to people as opposed to "LCL tear", which would have people freaking out.  The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that the wording in the press release is intentional for those purposes.  It makes too much sense.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Magic have applied for two DPE’s for JI and Aminu. Not a good sign for a JI comeback this season.

See earlier posts, there is no downside to applying for the exception for injured players. If player recovers before end of the season he is still free to play. If he comes back before we used the exception, then we cannot use the exception.

Here's an analogy to how the Magic are presenting the injury. 

Let's say you pull into the parking lot and you and whoever was in the passenger seat get out.  They slam some part of their hand in the car door.  You look over and they seem to be grabbing their ring finger.  It seems pretty bad.  You take them to the hospital and after a little while you're given the following information: there was a severe phalangeal injury,  but the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th digits are fine. 

In this scenario it would be pretty obvious that the ring finger was injured, as that's the only one left.  That's the same thing in Isaac's scenario.  The LCL/FCL is the only major ligament left, and it's located in the posterolateral corner where the injury is.

31 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Here's an analogy to how the Magic are presenting the injury. 

Let's say you pull into the parking lot and you and whoever was in the passenger seat get out.  They slam some part of their hand in the car door.  You look over and they seem to be grabbing their ring finger.  It seems pretty bad.  You take them to the hospital and after a little while you're given the following information: there was a severe phalangeal injury,  but the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th digits are fine. 

In this scenario it would be pretty obvious that the ring finger was injured, as that's the only one left.  That's the same thing in Isaac's scenario.  The LCL/FCL is the only major ligament left, and it's located in the posterolateral corner where the injury is.

Isaac better be getting a second and third opinion on his knee. Given the magic track record cough grant hill cough. He should be seeing the best doctors in the world who specialize in this field. 

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

I'm going to sound like a downer to those who read the end of the Wizards thread, but that one is about to stop getting traffic so I'll give my 2 cents again here.  I think JI either tore or severely damaged his LCL (aka FCL).  The press release from the Magic omitted mentioning that ligament, but they said the ACL/MCL/PCL are fine.  The LCL is located in the posterolateral corner of the knee, which is what is damaged per the report. 

I think to make people not panic, they just left it as "posterolateral corner injury".  That is far more nebulous and non-severe sounding to people as opposed to "LCL tear", which would have people freaking out.  The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that the wording in the press release is intentional for those purposes.  It makes too much sense.

I just don't know why we'd use subterfuge here. If it's a tear just call it that. We have nothing to gain. 

And I can't really come up with a scenario why a complete tear wouldn't be surgical for a young athlete. 

Feels more like it's a partial tear or stretching

7 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I just don't know why we'd use subterfuge here. If it's a tear just call it that. We have nothing to gain. 

And I can't really come up with a scenario why a complete tear wouldn't be surgical for a young athlete. 

Feels more like it's a partial tear or stretching

Ehhhh I know it's my theory so I'm more likely to search for reasons for shadiness but I can think of some... FO not trying to freak out the fanbase that is starting to see the first glimmer of hope after 7 years, not wanting people to worry about the longterm health of a franchise cornerstone, ticket sale considerations, etc.

Admittedly, the complete tear concern of mine is solely based on Woj's report of a "severe sprain".  That term has a very specific medical definition -- a complete tear.  But it was not listed in the Magic PR release or from local people.  So if he went rogue with that term, then any degree of a tear is on the table.  I just am skeptical that Woj came up with that term on his own without having been told it.

I do agree that if it IS a complete tear, it would be odd for him to not undergo surgery.  Although literature says some Grade 3 (severe) LCL tears can be managed non-operatively, but really only if there isn't instability.