Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Just now, Fultz4thewin said:

Yeah but selling high isn't going to result in us getting something we can use this year. We're likely going to get something like a pick in the late 20s and a big expiring contract for him. And that return vs destabilizing a functional team isn't going to be appealing. 

Though I hope to God we wouldn't be dumb enough to resign him

I mean we resigned Vuch. Granted Bamba isn’t ready to take over but still...

I know it’s early but with the way the east is unfolding does anyone think there’s a realistic shot at making it to the second round of playoffs this year? We could probably sell Fournier and AG and still potentially get the seventh seed, still lose in the first round, but also continue the retooling for the future with cleaner finances and more conforming roster mates.  Maybe the team gels around Fultz in the coming month+ but to me it seems there’s a clear ceiling with this core.  

13 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I know it’s early but with the way the east is unfolding does anyone think there’s a realistic shot at making it to the second round of playoffs this year? We could probably sell Fournier and AG and still potentially get the seventh seed, still lose in the first round, but also continue the retooling for the future with cleaner finances and more conforming roster mates.  Maybe the team gels around Fultz in the coming month+ but to me it seems there’s a clear ceiling with this core.  

If we play Philly...always seem to play them well!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I bet we'll just let him walk this summer vs trading him today unless everything falls apart between now and the trade deadline. We have 13 games left before then and should be something like 7-6 or 6-7 over that stretch. And then we're looking at a pretty easy schedule to close out the year. So I'm not sure dumping him for a late pick is going to be appealing. 

If we let him walk, what kind of money will we have to sign a free agent replacement? I'd hate to lose an asset and gain nothing in return.

34 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

-Yeah there's a reasonable shot at getting to the second round. Hard to say today because we haven't played Boston yet but there's no scary Juggernaut sitting out there and we just killed Miami. 

-hard to see a lineup removing Ross and Gordon getting to the playoffs

-definitely a ceiling with this group but the next 30 days might not be the best time to make moves

4 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

If we let him walk, what kind of money will we have to sign a free agent replacement? I'd hate to lose an asset and gain nothing in return.

MLE but there's always a shooting guard out there who can plug that hole for a year while you develop that draft pick. 

You know, if Vucevic keeps playing defense like this we should probably consider keeping him and flipping Bamba. 

It's probably the one week a year he tries really hard on that end so don't read into it too much. But we should follow up in 3 weeks and see where we're at with him.