Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

I know people hate trade talk after a win but i have a question. Does anyone think Evan is a beloved member of the team?Do you think it would mess with team Chemistry if he was gone at the deadline?I know it would probably effect Vuc. What do you think? 

9 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Trae or Luka and we would of been set for years... 

Imagine

Trae Or Luka / Markelle

Evan

Isaac

AG

Vooch

Call me crazy, but I think I’d rather have Fultz than Young. Young’s stats look to be inflated because he’s on a very bad team, and his advanced stats are discouraging: https://stats.nba.com/player/1629027/.

Meanwhile, while Fultz has a ways to go offensively, he seems to have the ability to make everyone around him better without eye popping stats. 

34 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I know people hate trade talk after a win but i have a question. Does anyone think Evan is a beloved member of the team?Do you think it would mess with team Chemistry if he was gone at the deadline?I know it would probably effect Vuc. What do you think? 

It's definitely something management is thinking about. 

32 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Call me crazy, but I think I’d rather have Fultz than Young. Young’s stats look to be inflated because he’s on a very bad team, and his advanced stats are discouraging: https://stats.nba.com/player/1629027/.

Meanwhile, while Fultz has a ways to go offensively, he seems to have the ability to make everyone around him better without eye popping stats. 

It's really tough to talk about Trae because every criticism can be explained away by the team around him and every positive can be explained away by a lack of success. 

His ability to draw fouls helps his offensive viability when his shot isn't falling but he's among the worst defenders in the league. 

In the early 2000s in college football there was a bit of hysteria when teams started using the air raid offense and quarterbacks were throwing 40+ touchdowns and getting 500 passing yards per game and everyone was wondering if these were generational quarterback talents. They weren't. And they failed outside of their system in the NFL and whenever those teams faced legitimate defensive talent they were shut down. But now Patrick Mahomes is a generational quarterback coming out of that college system. 

So with Trae, because he plays in such an unusual system and is so controlling over everything that team does and uses a crazy amount of possessions I have no idea if his numbers are real or manufactured based on playing a specific style. Nobody has any evidence to definitively say if he's Colt Brennan or Patrick Mahomes. And I have no idea if he'd be able to function this way on a good team or if he's a player or two from dominating the league. 

Personally I think it's smoke and mirrors but I have no evidence to support that. It might just be because I think that style of basketball is ugly and offensive.  

I don't think it's that complicated. Trea is a small player who plays in an era and on a team that allows him to jack up as many shots as he wants.

He is also offensively gifted, and the shot is legit. He's always going to score but can he stay healthy? Also his teams will  probably struggle in the playoffs against certain match ups.If the Hawks assemble a team to deal with those match-ups they can do well. I would be more worried about his health and paying him 40 million a year when the time comes.

15 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Good read. Markelle is a special kid all round .. I'm proud and beyond happy to say he plays for us. WeltHam have absolutely nailed this trade. Magnificent

4 hours ago, hootie249 said:

I know it would mess with our future if we kept him.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I know it would mess with our future if we kept him.

I bet we'll just let him walk this summer vs trading him today unless everything falls apart between now and the trade deadline. We have 13 games left before then and should be something like 7-6 or 6-7 over that stretch. And then we're looking at a pretty easy schedule to close out the year. So I'm not sure dumping him for a late pick is going to be appealing. 

2 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I bet we'll just let him walk this summer vs trading him today unless everything falls apart between now and the trade deadline. We have 13 games left before then and should be something like 7-6 or 6-7 over that stretch. And then we're looking at a pretty easy schedule to close out the year. So I'm not sure dumping him for a late pick is going to be appealing. 

I bet we resign him. I rather sell high.

8 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I bet we resign him. I rather sell high.

Yeah but selling high isn't going to result in us getting something we can use this year. We're likely going to get something like a pick in the late 20s and a big expiring contract for him. And that return vs destabilizing a functional team isn't going to be appealing. 

Though I hope to God we wouldn't be dumb enough to resign him