Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

2 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I know we always have excuses for Gordon but he's been playing on one foot for a while now. 

No doubt.  The counterargument is that if his injury is bad enough to account for a 10% drop in 3P% from last year (which was already mediocre at ~35%), and we watched his leg/foot go out last game, he needs to not be playing.  The other injuries on the team should be inconsequential. 

Be careful if you critique AG on this board, the AG lovers will give you a -. You're not allowed to speak the truth, but excellent observation; it's been 6 years; we expect more, that's all.

• Downvote 1

16 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Actually that could be a plus.  I hate the Fultz/Augustin combo lineups.  If Dinwiddie couldn’t play with Fultz it would force Clifford to only use one point guard at a time, which to my mind would be a good thing.  

Why? They are actually (surprisingly) one of our best two man pairings (at least according to NBA.com). They have shared the floor for 188 minutes, and have an offensive rating of 112.9 and a defensive rating of 99.2.

24 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Be careful if you critique AG on this board, the AG lovers will give you a -. You're not allowed to speak the truth, but excellent observation; it's been 6 years; we expect more, that's all.

I think AG has been disappointing to a lot of us. I've been hoping he would make the jump for a while now, which just doesn't seem to have happened. But it is pretty obvious that he has been playing through an injury at least over the past few games.

35 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I know we always have excuses for Gordon but he's been playing on one foot for a while now. 

I just find it hard to believe as conservative as our front office is with injuries that after examining him they would jeopardize his future as a player or trading chip. They are more careful then most teams with their players.

11 minutes ago, Odin said:

Why? They are actually (surprisingly) one of our best two man pairings (at least according to NBA.com). They have shared the floor for 188 minutes, and have an offensive rating of 112.9 and a defensive rating of 99.2.

This is true, but DJ is an expiring contract. Unless we plan on resigning him, he is gone anyway. Dinwiddie and Harris will more then make up for his offensive production.

24 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

This is true, but DJ is an expiring contract. Unless we plan on resigning him, he is gone anyway. Dinwiddie and Harris will more then make up for his offensive production.

This is a false choice though. There are better options that are better for team building. 

1 hour ago, Odin said:

We’ve sort of gotten away with it so far but I don’t like it for at least two reasons:

1.  When Fultz is in there, I think the ball should be in his hands.  He’s less effective, and I think the team is worse off, when it isn’t.  And often it’s in Augustin’s hands when they’re both in there. 
2.  Augustin is a defensive liability and I like him out of there at the end of close games.  

I think that pairing will hurt us over time.  

8 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Let’s see what those options are.

Letting him walk and going after Dragic, teague, or Reggie Jackson in free agency. Someone isn't getting paid in this group. 

Just resigning augustin for a year or two as his play has rebounded pretty well lately. 

There's a handful of interesting young point guards that might be able to be had in restricted free agency. 

Trade for a veteran backup with a cost that's more palatable for the role we have available.