Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

5 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Sure would be nice if we had a bench or two way guy who could bring some excitement like that guy who scored 20 against us for Atlanta.   Someone potentially exciting even if wildly inconsistent.  When is the last time we’ve played a young guy who wasn’t a high draft pick who looked like he might have potential and brings a little excitement?

Remember when we had a bunch of injuries and Artis and Purvis randomly had high scoring games?

That's what happened here. Goodwin probably doesn't have a ton of potential. He's just a guy who took advantage of an opportunity on a bad team. Dude had 5 points on 2-11 shooting the previous two games. Guys just do this sometimes. Tyler Dorsey had 29 against us last year and isn't in the NBA this year. 

23 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Sure would be nice if we had a bench or two way guy who could bring some excitement like that guy who scored 20 against us for Atlanta.   Someone potentially exciting even if wildly inconsistent.  When is the last time we’ve played a young guy who wasn’t a high draft pick who looked like he might have potential and brings a little excitement?

Bench, starter, whatever. Some exciting talent. I bet it’s awesome to look forward to games as a Mav fan with Doncic.

3 minutes ago, harley said:

Whats the bloody time over there in Orlando? this wait on the MRI is making me nervous. Was hoping to wake up to good news

Maybe Dr Mintzer had a full morning of patients and needed some time to review the MRI films

37 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Maybe Dr Mintzer had a full morning of patients and needed some time to review the MRI films

The radiologist looks at it right away.  When the results get communicated to the public is another matter

12 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

The radiologist looks at it right away.  When the results get communicated to the public is another matter

Sure but you don't rely on a radiologist for diagnosis. 

36 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Sure but you don't rely on a radiologist for diagnosis. 

You do when it comes to interpreting an MRI for something like this.  A torn ligament or something like that is either there or it isn’t.  Usually very clear on the MRI.

For less severe injuries, then the physical examination in conjunction with the imaging becomes very important.  I agree that ultimately the orthopedist makes the diagnosis, but when there is a severe injury the radiologist is the first one to see it on the imaging.   

40 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

You do when it comes to interpreting an MRI for something like this.  A torn ligament or something like that is either there or it isn’t.  Usually very clear on the MRI.

For less severe injuries, then the physical examination in conjunction with the imaging becomes very important.  I agree that ultimately the orthopedist makes the diagnosis, but when there is a severe injury the radiologist is the first one to see it on the imaging.   

I just had a radiologist fail to note broken hardware in a spinal fusion on their report so maybe I'm just shortchanging them a bit.