Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

As a long suffering Magic and Buccaneers fan, I’ll close out 2019 with this question: If Jameis Winston were our point guard, he’d average _________________.

12 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

We were tied for the 10th best 3 point shooting team last year. 

DJ was literally the best spot up shooter in the NBA last year. 

Ross had the 10th most made threes in the league last year. 

Post all star Isaac hit 38% of his threes and Gordon hit 37% of his and then went on to hit 40% of his threes in the playoffs. 

We should be shooting better. We're basically returning the same team as last year. 

Only if we consider last year a reliable baseline, which apparently it may not have been.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Only if we consider last year a reliable baseline, which apparently it may not have been.  

Individually probably not but collectively it seems reasonable. 

I'm just not sure why guys have simultaneous bad shooting games. Usually you'd have a bad Fournier shooting game mitigated by Bamba and Isaac hitting a few threes so bad shooting nights are only a little bad and good shooting nights aren't drastically better than our median performance but this year bad shooting nights are horrific and good shooting nights are stupid good like when we shot 56% against Phoenix. 

3 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Individually probably not but collectively it seems reasonable. 

I'm just not sure why guys have simultaneous bad shooting games. Usually you'd have a bad Fournier shooting game mitigated by Bamba and Isaac hitting a few threes so bad shooting nights are only a little bad and good shooting nights aren't drastically better than our median performance but this year bad shooting nights are horrific and good shooting nights are stupid good like when we shot 56% against Phoenix. 

Given where we are in 3-point shooting percentage and offensive rating, which are each ranked 27 out of 30, it looks like the bad shooting nights outweigh the good by a pretty wide margin.   And I think we’re far enough into the season to have diluted the effect of the first few games.  In fact, I think our offensive rating has been going down recently.