Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

49 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Meh, I think even without Giannis, Milwaukee will be favored at home, but it’s definitely a chance to steal one now, which wasn’t even a realistic thought this morning 

Bucks are still favored by 7 1/2 points. So yea we still aren't supposed to win this. 

2 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Bucks are still favored by 7 1/2 points. So yea we still aren't supposed to win this. 

I mean, the Vegas line is fine and dandy but this is the type of game we should win. Giannis makes their whole system work. We can’t allow guys like Ilyasova, DJ Wilson, and Wes Matthews beat us when they don’t have an elite creator to make things easy for them. 

3 hours ago, Notguilty said:

Key words “on offense”! Nobody will argue that point - he brings a certain energy on defense which seems to permeate and energize his teamates on that side of the ball. Again “not drawing conclusions” - but his presence (along with MCW and others) appeared to help the club finish well last year!

Birch being on the court has actually made our defense worse this year

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

I mean, the Vegas line is fine and dandy but this is the type of game we should win. Giannis makes their whole system work. We can’t allow guys like Ilyasova, DJ Wilson, and Wes Matthews beat us when they don’t have an elite creator to make things easy for them. 

I agree. But the line is the line for a reason. For what it's worth it's dropped to 6 1/2 now. 

37 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I agree. But the line is the line for a reason. For what it's worth it's dropped to 6 1/2 now. 

Seems like easy money. 

Which I now jinxed

I know a lot of this fan base is jaded because of the current rebuild but what I see is fixable.

We have a back up PG who is essentially killing us in DJ (Grant last year). We replace DJ and our bench looks like the one Briscoe ran last year. 

Injuries. Last year we remained relatively injury free. We get healthy and we can get some nice runs in. 

Mid season roster improvement. Last year we traded for a guy who we had no intentions of playing but improved our roster this year. I don't forsee us sitting on our hands and doing nothing. We will improve this roster before the trade deadline. 

I see a lot of Cliff hate as if he didn't single handily rally what appeared to be a bunch of misfits into the 7th seed, turned Vuch into an all star, and provided the fan base with a sense of direction.

Both Cliff and management have shown us what they can do. Be upset with our current play but stop freaking out. This will all be worked out in due time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've read a lot of times that our injuries are the ones to blame for the bad results, but the opponent team last night was actually the ones without the best player (of the league) on the floor, and without Bledsoe too. And we can't even make it a close match. Our team is in a really discouraging path, we were supposed to have elite defense with those players and continuity in schemes, but we're only between average and good (maybe advanced stats tells something different, but I see a lot of weak buckets allowed every game), and that's clearly not enough if you don't have a reliable offense.