Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

19 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Technically AG is still youth. Still only 24. Issue is there no one available on that level.

I'm not sure he counts because he's not really a rebuilding piece and he's only controllable for 2 more years. Gordon is the type of player that Phoenix, Sacramento, Boston covets. Teams that have their "guys" and would want to add complimentary players on the same time table. 

Rebuilding teams wouldn't want Gordon. 

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

We're not in mediocrity yet because we have long term flexibility still, trades to make, young players who have considerable improvement ahead of them. 

Where we go from here over the next 14 months or so will determine mediocrity or not. But we're in a pretty good position today. 

How do you feel about Weltman? Is he someone who can help us be contenders again?

39 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I'm not sure he counts because he's not really a rebuilding piece and he's only controllable for 2 more years. Gordon is the type of player that Phoenix, Sacramento, Boston covets. Teams that have their "guys" and would want to add complimentary players on the same time table. 

Guess it depends on what one defines as “great”. If Sactown wanted to offload Hield, they don’t, I wish, then we could probably use AG. If we’re talking about Booker or a step up, Giannis level, yeah, probably not.

2 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

How do you feel about Weltman? Is he someone who can help us be contenders again?

I don't see why we should be pessimistic about him. Clifford was a good hire. Isaac was a good pick. Bamba is tough to judge right now because we don't really know what type of player he's going to be. Same with okeke.

We're constantly in the trade market. If Philly didn't trade us fultz we had a deal for Delon Wright on the table. We were rumored to be after DSJ, Ntilikina, Rozier. 

We are good negotiators. We have a good idea of how we value players and trades and stick to those numbers vs bidding against ourselves. 

We have a team building philosophy and stick to it. 

The negatives are keeping Vucevic but the philosophy there was keeping an asset. If he's tradable then resigning him was smart. If he's not tradable then keeping him was dumb because they had enough time to evaluate his value and should have known better. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Who would want Fournier?

Portland. 

A ton of teams of the price is cheap. 

The problem is if I go back through recent trade deadlines, similar guys on expiring contracts don't return much. Lou Williams returned the 28th pick. Mirotic was 4 late second rounders. Hood was two seconds. Harrison Barnes was traded for Justin Jackson. 

36 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Portland. 

A ton of teams of the price is cheap. 

The problem is if I go back through recent trade deadlines, similar guys on expiring contracts don't return much. Lou Williams returned the 28th pick. Mirotic was 4 late second rounders. Hood was two seconds. Harrison Barnes was traded for Justin Jackson. 

Oof. Yeah, we might need to sweeten the pot.

7 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I think Gordon fits more on a winning team. Glue guy who have their center pieces and need that solid defender who can put up 15. Teams like Boston (Hayward replacement), Portland, GS, Brooklyn, Dallas, Rockets, ect.

Edit: Totally read your post wrong. We agree.