Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

5 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Great post, TMF. Love to see that from DJ

In other news, my bro Donte DiVincenzo is a joy to watch. Going to be in this league for a looooong time

Man you're obsessed with that guy. 

He's been fine but where's this joy coming from. He's a typical backup unremarkable 2. 

52 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Man you're obsessed with that guy. 

He's been fine but where's this joy coming from. He's a typical backup unremarkable 2. 

I think he plays basketball the right way.

The rare guy that can either be awesome as a role player or a star if he breaks out.

Great defender, unselfish etc.

Much like our guy Isaac

• Upvote 1

Is Kuzma worth a discussion? Always liked the kid. There’s talk that L.A. May trade him. Maybe a 3 way? I know little about his in depth stats but I’ve always liked how hard he plays and he has shown the ability to shoot/score.

Natural wing that could run with Fultz and JI?

7 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Is Kuzma worth a discussion? Always liked the kid. There’s talk that L.A. May trade him. Maybe a 3 way? I know little about his in depth stats but I’ve always liked how hard he plays and he has shown the ability to shoot/score.

Natural wing that could run with Fultz and JI?

No. Low value offense, no defense, not a good shooter (though it kind of goes up and down) and he's one of those guys who when he gets the ball a shot is going up. 

If you want to go that route we can get the same player cheaper with Bobby Portis

Just now, Fultz4thewin said:

Also there's the whole Orlando quote he made. 

Eh. I don’t put much emphasis on stuff like that. Some of that is WWE stuff. Guy comes here bet he would talk about how he’s changed his thought about Orlando yada yada.

His game though, seems to be what I read. Wasn’t sure if it was just hater talk that fans have when they get rolling without said player.

Games I’ve seen he looked borderline all star but I haven’t seen much.

On 12/22/2019 at 12:08 PM, Magicman28 said:

Think it only gets worse for Vuch. He’s in a league where big men can run and dribble like a guard, shoot from outside, jump like a SF and have strength like a PF. 

I agree. I've posted that sentiment during the last 2 or 3 games, i.e., the guys need to run hard, move the ball around and not just be stagnant. We are not getting that when Vuch is on the floor. They are so disorganized while playing half court like they never practice plays.

Moving the ball around rapidly, avoids getting trapped. Too many times the opponent keys in on one of the Magic players to double or triple-team them. Ross, AG and DJ are usually victims of this tactic.               

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

5 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

No. Low value offense, no defense, not a good shooter (though it kind of goes up and down) and he's one of those guys who when he gets the ball a shot is going up.

5 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Also there's the whole Orlando quote he made.

I agree with 4thewin. He's too cocky, poor locker room presence. He thought that he, LeBron and Davis would become the big 3 on the lakers.

Kuzma is also damaged goods.

"Prior to the 2019-20 NBA season, Kyle Kuzma figured to be the third scoring option for the Los Angeles Lakers behind LeBron James and Anthony Davis."

"The 24-year-old eventually began to flash the scoring ability the Lakers were high on coming into his third season, but a nagging ankle injury put him back on the shelf and he has remained out of the lineup since."

Note:  Prior to the start of the 2019-20 season, Kuzma suffered a foot injury during his time with Team USA basketball. Currently, he has a nagging ankle injury.

Link:  https://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-injury-update-frank-vogel-hopeful-kyle-kuzma-can-potentially-return-against-nuggets/2019/12/21/

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I agree. I've posted that sentiment during the last 2 or 3 games, i.e., the guys need to run hard, move the ball around and not just be stagnant. We are not getting that when Vuch is on the floor. They are so disorganized while playing half court like they never practice plays.

Even Fournier "runs with the bulls" [Magic younguns] when Vuch is not on the floor. 

4 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

......They are so disorganized while playing half court like they never practice plays.

Moving the ball around rapidly, avoids getting trapped. Too many times the opponent keys in on one of the Magic players to double or triple-team them. Ross, AG and DJ are usually victims of this tactic.               

The sad part is that they show flashes of doing things better.  In the first half of the Denver game, for example, we were cruising.  Our guys showed what good player and ball movement could accomplish even without a star who can go one on one.  We were getting great looks and everyone was trusting everybody else.  I commented at that point that I practically didn’t recognize the team.  Then we stopped.  Very frustrating.