Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

I’m starting to believe our ability to tank improperly is also to blame. We had these stupid culture wins which didn’t mean anything. We made the playoffs last year in hopes our young guys would improve and we look absolutely horrid this year. I’m starting to think that whole concept is now BS. You need real talent plain and simple and it doesn’t matter how many times you sneak in the 7th or 8th seed. A rotten apple is gonna stay rotten. 

Imagine if we actually tanked like Sam Hinkie — we could have has guys like Luka, Trae Young, Porzingis, etc 

8 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

I’m starting to believe our ability to tank improperly is also to blame. We had these stupid culture wins which didn’t mean anything. We made the playoffs last year in hopes our young guys would improve and we look absolutely horrid this year. I’m starting to think that whole concept is now BS. You need real talent plain and simple and it doesn’t matter how many times you sneak in the 7th or 8th seed. A rotten apple is gonna stay rotten. 

Imagine if we actually tanked like Sam Hinkie — we could have has guys like Luka, Trae Young, Porzingis, etc 

I don't care about the whole tanking thing because even if it did work it is largely dependent on luck no matter if it's done right or wrong but playoff experience is real and is needed. 

How many people complained about "a losing culture" year in and year out? You guys can't have it both ways. Either we lose playing young guys and develop a losing culture or we try and win to develop a winning culture.  

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I don't care about the whole tanking thing because even if it did work it is largely dependent on luck no matter if it's done right or wrong but playoff experience is real and is needed. 

How many people complained about "a losing culture" year in and year out? You guys can't have it both ways. Either we lose playing young guys and develop a losing culture or we try and win to develop a winning culture.  

Culture means nothing if you don't have stars.  That is the NBA more than any sport.

48 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Culture means nothing if you don't have stars.  That is the NBA more than any sport.

I'm not a big believer in the losing culture thing but a large part of this board does believe in it. 

More importantly playoff experience matters because it's a different game with far more scouting, more intensity, and slower pace. If we want to advance past the 1st round our young guys need to know what to expect. That Toronto loss may not pay dividends this year or next year but it will eventually. 

11 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I'm not a big believer in the losing culture thing but a large part of this board does believe in it. 

More importantly playoff experience matters because it's a different game with far more scouting, more intensity, and slower pace. If we want to advance past the 1st round our young guys need to know what to expect. That Toronto loss may not pay dividends this year or next year but it will eventually. 

You have a point if we had stars.  Like the maturation process with Shaq and Penny in the 90's or Dwight's process he went through until 2009.  But your point is moot if you don't have the right player or players.

6 minutes ago, Orlando Magic Toaster said:

I think the team lacks a leader and has done for many years. Only last year Vuc started to show he was our best player but this season I'm not sure who is? We need a leader or a standout player who is consistent. 

Think it only gets worse for Vuch. He’s in a league where big men can run and dribble like a guard, shoot from outside, jump like a SF and have strength like a PF. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

Think it only gets worse for Vuch. He’s in a league where big men can run and dribble like a guard, shoot from outside, jump like a SF and have strength like a PF. 

True but you could of said this 3 or more years ago. Management should be proactive not reactive. I’m pretty sure I said that 3 or more years ago lol. 

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

True but you could of said this 3 or more years ago. Management should be proactive not reactive. I’m pretty sure I said that 3 or more years ago lol. 

Yeah think we all did. Fultz was one of the only proactive moves I’ve see and that was a no brainer.

Yeah I agree with both of you. I did say it 3 years ago, like the rest I suppose. I suppose deep down I thought Gordon would develop to be the team leader. 

I think the Fultz trade was one of the best moves in years, it would be great if he turned out to be a consistent scorer and leader. 

MAGIC ROSTER 2019 - 2020
(Little-Known Facts)
Mo Bamba - Fact #1
Mo Bamba Reveals He Had To Cut Off ALL His Hair After Losing A Bet To Shaq

TbUA4x.png          PodkQH.png

It looks like Shaq and former Texas center Mo Bamba had a little wager on the LSU-Texas game earlier this season that resulted in Bamba cutting off his hair.  Had the Longhorns won, Bamba was going to DJ one of Shaq's shows...

o3BYZb.png

*THIS IS AN OBSERVATION*
In these photos, Mo looks like a professor.

7yeaZy.jpg        5A9EKR.jpg

eDjkYA.gif

DJ Augustin - Fact

Online Article 1
D.J. Augustin, a budding real estate mogul who loves challenges, is going back to school

By Josh Robbins Nov 29, 2019

4vfByY.png
Online Article 2
Retirement With A Plan: Magic ‘Old Guy’ D.J. Augustin Dives Into Real Estate
EDITOR'S PICK  |   2,443 views   |   Oct 28, 2019, 03:50pm

D.J. Augustin does not quite know when it happened. It doesn’t seem that long ago that he was 19 years old, being drafted by the Bobcats after a decorated career at Texas, where he won the Bob Cousy Award as the top point guard in the country and was an Academic All-American.
          Now, he is just a few weeks out from his 32nd birthday. His teammates with the Magic are now the 19-year-olds, and it’s Augustin who is the long-in-the-tooth veteran.
“I just don’t even know when it happened, it just went by so fast,” Augustin said in a phone interview this month. “I am definitely the old guy on this team and they definitely let me know it. They let me know all the time, the music I listen to, how I dress. Video games and stuff like they do. I’ve got three kids. I can’t play video games and take naps and all that kind of stuff. They let me have it.”
          What his young teammates might not know is that while they’re poking fun at Augustin and hacking away at some game or another, Augustin is taking advantage of his downtime to plan out his future. He’s already gotten himself deep into a post-NBA career, one that figured to be lucrative over the long-term: real estate.

Note: In another article, DJ says he is going back to college.

Here's To You DJ. . . tEqj21.png  ZyyGlT.gif  !!!

• Like 1