Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

2 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

No kidding, and it's just incredible that Lebron has managed to see it through just by having a "crap" year by his standards last year and it's like he can shrug it off and move forward now.

Are you saying that LeBron had possible career-ending injuries last year. If so, what was the injury(s) that could have ended his career?

No I am saying that it is incredible that him and the Warriors key players played all of those extra games for like 5 straight years and all Lebron got out of it was a bit of a down year and about 25 games off.

His endurance is just really enviable.

1 minute ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

No I am saying that it is incredible that him and the Warriors key players played all of those extra games for like 5 straight years and all Lebron got out of it was a bit of a down year and about 25 games off.

His endurance is just really enviable.

Come on, South_Aussie, we are talking about a different animal (pardon the pun). Everybody's body is different and cannot take the punishment as of the likes of LeBron. Look at the elite professional football players that are often injured.

1 minute ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Come on, South_Aussie, we are talking about a different animal (pardon the pun). Everybody's body is different and cannot take the punishment as of the likes of LeBron. Look at the elite professional football players that are often injured.

Oh I know, I just envy that from the eyes of this Magic fandom particularly, where pretty much every great player we've ever had has struggled with injury and endurance. I know he's one of a kind, but it'd be nice to have our best players be a little less fragile!

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Remember a few years ago when it was widely accepted that Thibs was responsible for injury problems for Rose, Deng, and Noah?

How is this different?

You already know my opinion about this generation and their stamina and durability. 

They are weak sauce. Lol

53 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Is this true?

It's great when we've sacrificed so much defensively to run an offense through a slow 7 footer too. 

2 hours ago, The Boss said:

It's great when we've sacrificed so much defensively to run an offense through a slow 7 footer too. 

Unfortunately barely anyone else on the team can score

Will I get downvoted if I say that I miss Henningan fantasy somehow?  :P

I mean, he's got a lot of criticism in the end of his experience as a GM, and part of that was probably deserved.

But how long until we grew tired of the current management? They scream mediocrity in every choice they do, they're static as hell even with the borderline choices on the roster that were discussed on those days here. Clifford was a good hiring to go back on track but not really a difference maker. This last offseason was screaming mediocrity too, even if a lot of fans hoped it was continuity and waited for a fast start of the new season.

The lonely bold move they've made (and wasn't really a huge risk considering how little was the price), was Fultz and until now is paying off.

30 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Will I get downvoted if I say that I miss Henningan fantasy somehow?  :P

I mean, he's got a lot of criticism in the end of his experience as a GM, and part of that was probably deserved.

But how long until we grew tired of the current management? They scream mediocrity in every choice they do, they're static as hell even with the borderline choices on the roster that were discussed on those days here. Clifford was a good hiring to go back on track but not really a difference maker. This last offseason was screaming mediocrity too, even if a lot of fans hoped it was continuity and waited for a fast start of the new season.

The lonely bold move they've made (and wasn't really a huge risk considering how little was the price), was Fultz and until now is paying off.

Yeah. Not a fan at all. 

I’m beginning to think our run last year at the end of the season was a fluke. By all accounts on paper we should be better this year; yet we’re really stinking it up. Bottom line, we are a very average team and it looks like we won’t break 40 wins and 30 is beginning to look concerning.