Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

14 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Normal fournier is somewhere between the 19th and 30th best shooting guard. 

16ppg 3 rebounds 3 assists on 37% three point shooting and .524 eFG% is typical Fournier. He's an ok team defender but gets exploited by faster guards but also is pretty good defending switches against bigger players as he's not really exploitable in the post. 

This year he's been between the 7th and 10th best shooting guard 20ppg 3 rebounds and 3 assists on 45% three point shooting and .582 eFG%

16 ppg 37% three point shooting and unimpactful defense is an unremarkable starter that is pretty easy to replace. You can find most of that offensive production with better defense in free agency.  Alec Burks or Dillon Brooks isn't far off from that. You can get that in a trade today with Malik Beasley or Bogdan Bogdanovic. 

18 ish ppg on 40+% three point shooting is dramatically different and difficult to find. 

I think it's fair to assume Fournier is somewhere around the 16-17/17-18 version of himself. Which is like back end top 15.

If we can land a guy like Bogdanovic I'd be all for it I'm just not confident in that being the case just due to ignorance. 

1 hour ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I think it's fair to assume Fournier is somewhere around the 16-17/17-18 version of himself. Which is like back end top 15.

If we can land a guy like Bogdanovic I'd be all for it I'm just not confident in that being the case just due to ignorance. 

Are we looking to get better or just tread water? Resigning vuch then Fournier?

F*** me!!!

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

F*** me!!!

Yep I’ll spew if we do. We may as well bring Hennigan back while we’re at it haha. 

52 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

F*** me!!!

We were just discussing Fournier's value and our ability to replace him with something equal or better. Not sure what you are referring to. 

22 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

That's the problem though. If you're invested in fultz and Isaac and you pay the money to resign Fournier at the price it's going to cost to keep him at this number you don't have a trade to make. There's no point in going after a star. 

If fultz is your end of game creator and Isaac is your siakam and Fournier is your supplementary off ball scorer you don't need a star, you need the version of Gordon that's a cutter, mismatch scorer, on ball defender. 

So what are you going to trade Gordon for? A better off ball 3 and D forward? A better center than Vucevic?

I just wish Aaron would accept that role of cutter, mismatch scorer, on ball defender instead of continuously pretending to be something he’s not. 

What I’m referring to is wth you anybody want Fournier long term. We know what he is. And then trading him for equal value is just stupidity defined. That’s what teams do if they are happy where they are. We took a chance on Markelle and look we have a good chance of being better. 

This is what good organizations do. Buy low sell high. And to those of you who think a guy like Lavine is worse lol. We need a guy who can light it up when hot aka look up his plus 33point games. Evan is NOT that guy. 

54 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

What I’m referring to is wth you anybody want Fournier long term. We know what he is. And then trading him for equal value is just stupidity defined. That’s what teams do if they are happy where they are. We took a chance on Markelle and look we have a good chance of being better. 

This is what good organizations do. Buy low sell high. And to those of you who think a guy like Lavine is worse lol. We need a guy who can light it up when hot aka look up his plus 33point games. Evan is NOT that guy. 

So far this season, Lavine averages just 3.2 points more than Fournier per game while also averaging 1.3 more turnovers per game and shooting at a much more inefficient clip: 58.2% eFG for Fournier vs 52.4% eFG for Lavine. Lavine also takes an extra 3.6 shots a game to get him those extra 3.2 points.

I’m for upgrading the SG spot, but it has to be more than a marginal or lateral move to justify trading Fournier. You’re trading a more efficient scorer with less volume for a less efficient scorer with more volume, and that’s not a trade I want to pursue, especially when Lavine’s shot volume would decrease if traded to us. We should aim for something better.

58 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I have no idea what you're talking about. We were talking about the value of Fournier and what his replacement's value would need to be in order to remain the same but be more financially flexible or to improve. No one is suggesting we keep Fournier. We are trying to figure out where the team pivots too. 

Take a step back. 

1 hour ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

So far this season, Lavine averages just 3.2 points more than Fournier per game while also averaging 1.3 more turnovers per game and shooting at a much more inefficient clip: 58.2% eFG for Fournier vs 52.4% eFG for Lavine. Lavine also takes an extra 3.6 shots a game to get him those extra 3.2 points.

I’m for upgrading the SG spot, but it has to be more than a marginal or lateral move to justify trading Fournier. You’re trading a more efficient scorer with less volume for a less efficient scorer with more volume, and that’s not a trade I want to pursue, especially when Lavine’s shot volume would decrease if traded to us. We should aim for something better.

I said a guy like Lavine. Who can take over a game,  who can go for 35 or more at any moment. When has evan ever done that?  I’ll give you one guess. 

And as far as making a lateral move, count me out in that one. 

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I just wish Aaron would accept that role of cutter, mismatch scorer, on ball defender instead of continuously pretending to be something he’s not. 

Couldn’t agree with you more.

Remember toward the end of the offseason where a bunch of people were predicting the Hawks to be like a 6-8 seed this year? 

3 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Remember toward the end of the offseason where a bunch of people were predicting the Hawks to be like a 6-8 seed this year? 

That was always dumb. People were projecting their young players to play like what they're supposed to play like in 2 years. 

When 5 of your rotation players are first and second year guys you don't win basketball games.