Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

58 minutes ago, rekraprovert said:

The sudden wave of Fournier love is absolutely hilarious to me. He was the most hated man in Orlando last year...and the year before. A couple weeks of putting up numbers with high usage and not playing buddy ball and so many people on here completely forget what he is and forgive his sins.

Evan is Evan. He is what he is and he will always be that. He'll have slumps where he's worse than normal, and he'll have periods of time where he puts up much better numbers than normal.

Resigning him to a long term deal would be the dumbest possible thing we could do. He's going to get paid, but it needs to be by someone else and he can be their headache for the next 320 games.

You guys need to not be slaves to recency. Like GordonMVP just said, let's enjoy this peak while it lasts and hopefully move on either this year or next.

Like I said this summer. The Fournier hate went too far. He's been fine the last couple years but posters here act like he's trash. 

That being said, yeah. This is uncharacteristic for him and probably won't continue past this year. 

But we should be prepared that resigning him becomes a possibility. 

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Like I said this summer. The Fournier hate went too far. He's been fine the last couple years but posters here act like he's trash. 

That being said, yeah. This is uncharacteristic for him and probably won't continue past this year. 

But we should be prepared that resigning him becomes a possibility. 

Fournier was trash last year. This years Fournier is much closer to what we all thought he could do on a more consistent basis. I never hated the guy I even bought one of his jerseys but that doesn’t negate the fact he was downright horrible last year and deserved every bit of grief he got. Also where are all those people who said Carmelo was washed up and called me crazy for wanting to give him a shot? The guy just won Western conference player of the week but of course he can’t help our team out! 

6 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Fournier was trash last year. This years Fournier is much closer to what we all thought he could do on a more consistent basis. I never hated the guy I even bought one of his jerseys but that doesn’t negate the fact he was downright horrible last year and deserved every bit of grief he got. Also where are all those people who said Carmelo was washed up and called me crazy for wanting to give him a shot? The guy just won Western conference player of the week but of course he can’t help our team out! 

He averaged 15 ppg on efficient shooting. His three point shooting wasn't great but he shot 51% on twos. 

Carmelo had good games in a 3 game week where he played Chicago twice. He's good for Portland because he's better than Anthony tolliver. I don't see this continuing. 

18 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

He averaged 15 ppg on efficient shooting. His three point shooting wasn't great but he shot 51% on twos. 

Carmelo had good games in a 3 game week where he played Chicago twice. He's good for Portland because he's better than Anthony tolliver. I don't see this continuing. 

While the numbers show efficient 2 point shooting it was his inconsistent 3 point shooting that often resulted in bricks and airballs that really made my blood boil. The guy would be ice cold and keep jacking up from 3 instead of going to his strengths and attacking the paint and finishing at the rim. I have been pleasantly surprised with his 3 point shooting and overall decision making this year and I hope it lasts. 

In regards to Melo while this current production probably won’t be sustainable he would most definitely be serviceable off our bench to provide us that scoring punch we desperately need. I realize it’s a pipe dream at this point and we are beating a dead horse but it’s these types of moves that management should be watching out for to make and take advantage of. I’m tired of being the middle child of the NBA and it starts with upper management making smart basketball decisions. 

Bracing myself for Lonnie Walker trade scenarios cropping up on fb *groooooooooooan*

As for our team, I don't know whether to start getting slightly impatient or not. I guess when we hired a GM nicknamed "Trader John" I was excited for some big unexpected surprises...

10 hours ago, rekraprovert said:

The sudden wave of Fournier love is absolutely hilarious to me. He was the most hated man in Orlando last year...and the year before. A couple weeks of putting up numbers with high usage and not playing buddy ball and so many people on here completely forget what he is and forgive his sins.

That’s just the thing though, it hasn’t been high usage. He’s just been more consistent and he seems to understand the flow of the offense better

4 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Bracing myself for Lonnie Walker trade scenarios cropping up on fb *groooooooooooan*

As for our team, I don't know whether to start getting slightly impatient or not. I guess when we hired a GM nicknamed "Trader John" I was excited for some big unexpected surprises...

We're not even a year removed from trading for fultz

9 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

We have to get rid of one of Fournier or Vuc. 

I suspect Vuc could be the one to make way as long as the team can be efficient with Birch and Bamba as the rotation at Center. We might even see Gordon make way at some point as well. 

For me Fournier could work well next to Fultz as a backcourt partnership. So I’d hold onto him for the time being.

5 hours ago, Mike1989 said:

I suspect Vuc could be the one to make way as long as the team can be efficient with Birch and Bamba as the rotation at Center. We might even see Gordon make way at some point as well. 

For me Fournier could work well next to Fultz as a backcourt partnership. So I’d hold onto him for the time being.

Not sure what the future holds, but that Fultz screen and roll ( or whatever they call it) for an easy Fournier layup was a thing of beauty! It looks like the team is starting to get used to Fultz and his excellent awareness and court vision.