Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Evan is just Evan. He is like Tobias Harris except less consistent. Tobias Harris just got paid like a star, and he will never be one. We all knew this years ago. Think about the teams he has been on, they became better when he left. He finally gets to Philly and even though the team did well he didn't play  well in the playoffs.

Evan is exactly like that, he is a very good player that should not be your best player. He should not be paid like your best player.In fact even though he has started for us for years he would be the perfect 6th man on a playoff team. It's because he can do a little of everything but isn't elite at one thing. I just don't see how we can sign up for another 4 years of Evan, even though he is a good player.It isn't hate, it's the hope of something better.

This is a great point, I would hate to see him leave Orlando though. Especially the way he is playing currently. 

19 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I think VanVleet is a huge sleeper. His advanced stats have been through the roof for years: https://stats.nba.com/player/1627832/. It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up a late bloomer and starting pg for a championship caliber team for years to come.

The question is can VanVleet and Fultz start together, and I think the answer is yes. Is he worth 25/year? No idea but I never thought Lowry was worth that and he proved me wrong.

And for the record, I don't want to re-sign Fournier to a huge 25/year deal, which is what he'll demand if he keeps balling this year. 

I like what your saying but I can't see the raptors letting him go or for what we have to offer. 

14 minutes ago, Orlando Magic Toaster said:

I like what your saying but I can't see the raptors letting him go or for what we have to offer. 

The Raps should re-sign him as their pg of the future, which is what I bet they do.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

I think VanVleet is a huge sleeper. His advanced stats have been through the roof for years: https://stats.nba.com/player/1627832/. It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up a late bloomer and starting pg for a championship caliber team for years to come.

The question is can VanVleet and Fultz start together, and I think the answer is yes. Is he worth 25/year? No idea but I never thought Lowry was worth that and he proved me wrong.

And for the record, I don't want to re-sign Fournier to a huge 25/year deal, which is what he'll demand if he keeps balling this year. 

I don't see how he's a sleeper. He's starting to peak. 

We already have a starting point guard. 

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

And I love the name "Fred" for an NBA player. It's awesome.

2 hours ago, Orlando Magic Toaster said:

This is a great point, I would hate to see him (Evan) leave Orlando though. Especially the way he is playing currently. 

But when the roster returns to normal--with Vuch, MCW, Aminu (all injured)-- Evan will revert back to over dribbling and looking to throw the ball to "FRED"(?).  0NYVE8.gif

/Just Kidding

The sudden wave of Fournier love is absolutely hilarious to me. He was the most hated man in Orlando last year...and the year before. A couple weeks of putting up numbers with high usage and not playing buddy ball and so many people on here completely forget what he is and forgive his sins.

Evan is Evan. He is what he is and he will always be that. He'll have slumps where he's worse than normal, and he'll have periods of time where he puts up much better numbers than normal.

Resigning him to a long term deal would be the dumbest possible thing we could do. He's going to get paid, but it needs to be by someone else and he can be their headache for the next 320 games.

You guys need to not be slaves to recency. Like GordonMVP just said, let's enjoy this peak while it lasts and hopefully move on either this year or next.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, rekraprovert said:

The sudden wave of Fournier love is absolutely hilarious to me. He was the most hated man in Orlando last year...and the year before. A couple weeks of putting up numbers with high usage and not playing buddy ball and so many people on here completely forget what he is and forgive his sins.

Evan is Evan. He is what he is and he will always be that. He'll have slumps where he's worse than normal, and he'll have periods of time where he puts up much better numbers than normal.

Resigning him to a long term deal would be the dumbest possible thing we could do. He's going to get paid, but it needs to be by someone else and he can be their headache for the next 320 games.

You guys need to not be slaves to recency. Like GordonMVP just said, let's enjoy this peak while it lasts and hopefully move on either this year or next.

This logic applied to Vucevic too. I feel like they’re both working us