Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Evan is just Evan. He is like Tobias Harris except less consistent. Tobias Harris just got paid like a star, and he will never be one. We all knew this years ago. Think about the teams he has been on, they became better when he left. He finally gets to Philly and even though the team did well he didn't play  well in the playoffs.

Evan is exactly like that, he is a very good player that should not be your best player. He should not be paid like your best player.In fact even though he has started for us for years he would be the perfect 6th man on a playoff team. It's because he can do a little of everything but isn't elite at one thing. I just don't see how we can sign up for another 4 years of Evan, even though he is a good player.It isn't hate, it's the hope of something better.

4 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Evan is just Evan. He is like Tobias Harris except less consistent. Tobias Harris just got paid like a star, and he will never be one. We all knew this years ago. Think about the teams he has been on, they became better when he left. He finally gets to Philly and even though the team did well he didn't play  well in the playoffs.

Evan is exactly like that, he is a very good player that should not be your best player. He should not be paid like your best player.In fact even though he has started for us for years he would be the perfect 6th man on a playoff team. It's because he can do a little of everything but isn't elite at one thing. I just don't see how we can sign up for another 4 years of Evan, even though he is a good player.It isn't hate, it's the hope of something better.

The same way we signed up for another 4 years of Vucevic

24 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I actually think Evan is playing better this year. I know it’s a contract year but he just seems a little different this year. I think I actually believe in him for the future... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Evan may be the best option at the time. We can wish for the stars but putting these deals together is very difficult without giving away the farm. If we keep doing these deescalating contracts it helps us stay more  flexible. So glad we didn’t pony up for Tobias deal as that is crippling. 

45 minutes ago, Captain said:

I actually think Evan is playing better this year. I know it’s a contract year but he just seems a little different this year. I think I actually believe in him for the future... 

Gave you an upvote to make up for the downvote. Downvoting someone on an opinion is stupid. I don’t know if Evan can keep playing like this, but he’s currently playing better for longer than he ever has before 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

A 6'7 SG who is averaging 19.2 ppg on 43% three point shooting and can excel off ball but also do some things with the ball in his hands is almost exactly what we need. Just needs better defense to be a perfect fit. 

The problem is we should have no confidence this continues into next season. But what happens in 6 weeks? Is his trade value skyrocketing? Can we afford to dump him if we're playing well? Are we really going to resign him?

I think this version of Fournier is closer to who he is than last years version. Even of he falls back to his mean he is still going to be hard to replace. There has to be other avenues to improving this roster. 

Just now, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I think this version of Fournier is closer to who he is than last years version. Even of he falls back to his mean he is still going to be hard to replace. There has to be other avenues to improving this roster. 

Eh, a fournier that shoots 37% from 3 and scores 15ppg is much less valuable than a fournier that shoots 43% from three and averages 19ppg

3 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Why?

I mean he's at least an off ball guy but there's better ways to spend our money. 

I think VanVleet is a huge sleeper. His advanced stats have been through the roof for years: https://stats.nba.com/player/1627832/. It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up a late bloomer and starting pg for a championship caliber team for years to come.

The question is can VanVleet and Fultz start together, and I think the answer is yes. Is he worth 25/year? No idea but I never thought Lowry was worth that and he proved me wrong.

And for the record, I don't want to re-sign Fournier to a huge 25/year deal, which is what he'll demand if he keeps balling this year. 

4 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Eh, a fournier that shoots 37% from 3 and scores 15ppg is much less valuable than a fournier that shoots 43% from three and averages 19ppg

Yea true. I do find the thought of him being the go to and his current play interesting. He was the #1 on the French team as well right? Easy not to force things when you know the ball is coming to you.