Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Heard part of Giannis's post-Knicks game interview on the way to work this morning.  A couple of things he said were pretty hilarious.  He said coach Bud told them not to run anymore fast breaks once it was a blowout so that they could practice half court offense.  Then he said he was glad to have ended the game early so his brother could get on the court and play against the Knicks (who drafted him). 

As always, at least we're not the Knicks.

57 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’d put VanVleet next to Fultz. That’d be a fun duo to watch.

Why?

I mean he's at least an off ball guy but there's better ways to spend our money. 

2 minutes ago, ML6 said:

$30m/year for FVV.  Yeah, no thanks

He's been really good but he's playing full time point guard and averaging 38 mpg. 

If we didn't have a point guard I'd be cool investing in him because he's a feisty defender, can hit 40% of his threes, and has shown the ability to be a third or fourth option on a championship team. I was loudly suggesting we sign him in 2018. But since we have fultz now the need to invest in a guy like vanvleet isn't as necessary. 

You know what's going to happen though.

The best reasonably available shooting guard we can pair with fultz and Isaac is this version of Fournier. Lol. 

6 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

You know what's going to happen though.

The best reasonably available shooting guard we can pair with fultz and Isaac is this version of Fournier. Lol. 

Yeah, Evan is really throwing off the plan. As of right now, it’s at the point where the starters are good enough, especially when AG gets right, and the bench is where we need to upgrade. Question is, can we upgrade the bench without dealing a starter 

9 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, Evan is really throwing off the plan. As of right now, it’s at the point where the starters are good enough, especially when AG gets right, and the bench is where we need to upgrade. Question is, can we upgrade the bench without dealing a starter 

A 6'7 SG who is averaging 19.2 ppg on 43% three point shooting and can excel off ball but also do some things with the ball in his hands is almost exactly what we need. Just needs better defense to be a perfect fit. 

The problem is we should have no confidence this continues into next season. But what happens in 6 weeks? Is his trade value skyrocketing? Can we afford to dump him if we're playing well? Are we really going to resign him?

22 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

A 6'7 SG who is averaging 19.2 ppg on 43% three point shooting and can excel off ball but also do some things with the ball in his hands is almost exactly what we need. Just needs better defense to be a perfect fit. 

The problem is we should have no confidence this continues into next season. But what happens in 6 weeks? Is his trade value skyrocketing? Can we afford to dump him if we're playing well? Are we really going to resign him?

Yeah, I also wonder how much of this better play is (ironically) because Vooch is out. We’ve never really played through him like this consistently because it was always bonheaded, ball hog, where’s Nik?! play. He’s been a better playmaker these past 5 games than I can ever remember seeing out of him before.

With a defensively competent PG it lessens Fourbier’s deficiencies on that side of the ball. As long As he’s taking what the opposing defense offers him, he’s fine. He’s the number one option right now and the number one is always going to force a couple of bad shots. It’s when he does it as the third or fourth option that it kills momentum. 

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Are we really going to believe in this “fools gold” again. I would try for joe Harris on that fa list we need a pure shooter. Evan is playing really good right now but we know it is not going to last, or at least we should know.