Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

1 hour ago, Gordon MVP said:

Unforgivable not to trade anyone they wanted and every pick we had for doncic 

When Dallas got involved it removed is from negotiations. 

1 hour ago, Gordon MVP said:

We could have offered anything we wanted, anything they wanted, the Devos family jewels, even the rights to Fran Vasquez, and it wouldn't have mattered. Dallas made us completely irrelevant in that trade. They had the pick ahead of us. There was nothing we could do.

23 minutes ago, magicblue said:

So once Fultz is fully unleashed and playing 32-34mpg what can we expect from him? Have we seen enough to speculate on his ceiling?

No. We only have 18 games with him. His ceiling could be anything. 

Assuming health, there's nothing to suggest he shouldn't at least be a better passing Eric Bledsoe. That's pretty much the benchmark

Looks like Dallas isnt afraid of the Lakers.  Doncic surely isn't scared himself.  They did screw the Mavericks in the previous match-up where Dwight, in a Lakers uniform, was allowed to get away with fouls against Doncic at the end of the regulation.  

There's his numbers over the past 8 games and those numbers per 36. I think it's reasonable to expect something like 17 and 6 on those shooting numbers for his peak. 

If you'd provided me with these statements before the season started

• Fultz will be about as good as you could expect him to be coming off the injury
  • Fournier will play the best he ever has

I would probably have guessed this team would be 13-6 or 12-7 at this point.  That initial team-wide slump and now injuries have really derailed us early on.

12 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

In hindsight knowing what we do now it is, however at the time how many people were saying Doncic will be an MVP caliber player?

I don’t remember anyone pre-draft coming out with that prediction, and even if they did, I don’t think anyone expected Doncic to be this good in year two. So although it would have been great to have found a way to acquire him, I suspect a lot of that desire is based on what we’ve seen to date rather than what we knew about him before he stepped foot on an NBA court because I suspect had we given up the farm for him it might not have been universally popular at the time. Now obviously if he did for us what he’s done for Dallas then those doubters and critics would soon be on board; however, the deal was never likely when Dallas got involved.

At least we are not the Sacramento Kings because they had the pick to take Doncic without giving anything up and they went for Marvin Bagley, apparently because their GM had some issue with Doncic’s father. Now that’s a real low blow for their fans because Doncic should have been the pick for them rather than Bagley who didn’t really fit what they needed.

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

It is. But it's at least grounded in real numbers

I hear you. I think he could average 17/6 the second half of this season with only a light increase in mins, usage, and the team just shooting league average.

55 minutes ago, Mike1989 said:

how many people were saying Doncic will be an MVP caliber player

Many. Many people were. He was can't miss with a floor of a better hedo and a ceiling of whatever you want it to be.