Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Just realized we have an Isaac and an Aaron.  If we add maybe a Moses and an Abraham, we can be the Old Testament team :)

• Upvote 2

Good morning! Anyone else fatigued from the Henny WeltHam sandwich? Seems like we have a split roster... Our new guys are long and raw while our old guys are soft and limited. Wish we’d commit fully to the new direction.

• Upvote 3

We don’t look too good right now, that’s for sure.  If we happen to string a few wins together, though, perceptions can change quickly.  

Last 4 games with Vooch out, we’re pretty easily last in ORTG at a 99, but 4th in the league in DRTG at a 103. Disheartening part to me is that even without Nik (and Aaron when he was out), the starters have played well and put us in positions to win games. The bench however continues to kill us, and I’m starting to think it’s not just gonna magically get better and a roster move has to be made. Getting Vucevic back doesn’t help the bench and I’m not entirely convinced that getting MCW back will change things as drastically as they need to be changed in the 2nd unit. DJ, Ross and Aminu are killing this team on a nightly basis.

It’s sad, Fultz has exceeded even the most optimistic fans wildest expectations up to this point and Isaac has had moments where he looks like he’s gonna be a superstar and yet here we are at 7-11 because our guys that were supposed to be reliable forgot how to play basketball effectively.

Wesley needs to play over aminu he is epically horrible this year. Wes has struggled but his lack of consistent minutes has not helped him to say the least. And Ross is a very low bb iq player. Probably why Toronto let him go. 

34 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Wesley needs to play over aminu he is epically horrible this year. Wes has struggled but his lack of consistent minutes has not helped him to say the least. And Ross is a very low bb iq player. Probably why Toronto let him go. 

Well, Clifford finally landed on our 9 man rotation when healthy being Fultz/Fournier/Isaac/Gordon/Vucevic/Augustin/Ross/Carter-Williams/Bamba

unfortunately that lineup was only implemented for like a game before the injuries started to pile up. Also, even in that rotation, Augustin and Ross have been huge negatives. Ross isn’t benchable and I really wonder how much of the second units struggles is DJ based. When Carter-Williams is back I’d love to see him get a chance at backup point and to play Aminu or Iwundu in DJ’s place in the rotation. He’s been bad enough consistently enough to lose his spot in the rotation.

23 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Well, Clifford finally landed on our 9 man rotation when healthy being Fultz/Fournier/Isaac/Gordon/Vucevic/Augustin/Ross/Carter-Williams/Bamba

unfortunately that lineup was only implemented for like a game before the injuries started to pile up. Also, even in that rotation, Augustin and Ross have been huge negatives. Ross isn’t benchable and I really wonder how much of the second units struggles is DJ based. When Carter-Williams is back I’d love to see him get a chance at backup point and to play Aminu or Iwundu in DJ’s place in the rotation. He’s been bad enough consistently enough to lose his spot in the rotation.

I think that rotation is alright when we were healthy but dj continues to slide and Wes should be getting minutes based on his play in the second half of the year. I’d like to see Aminu never get off the bench. If we could trade dj and chief for someone serviceable I’m all for it.

as for Ross his role should be diminished to mostly catch and shoot. And if he’s cold, replace him with Wes who can defend at least. 

But can’t mess with that rotation lol I thought winning was most important not rotations. 

36 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I think that rotation is alright when we were healthy but dj continues to slide and Wes should be getting minutes based on his play in the second half of the year. I’d like to see Aminu never get off the bench. If we could trade dj and chief for someone serviceable I’m all for it.

as for Ross his role should be diminished to mostly catch and shoot. And if he’s cold, replace him with Wes who can defend at least. 

But can’t mess with that rotation lol I thought winning was most important not rotations. 

I was so mad that Isaac didn’t get back in to the game until like 4 minutes left last night. Clifford is killing us with awful rotations

I was putting together a "team" picture and was trying to find pictures of guys I don't already have. While looking for an image of Aminu, I ran across these career stats.

IS THIS ANYTHING?

(That Justify His Body Of Work Or Contribution to the Magic )

BASKETBALL CAREER AVERAGES

Regular season stats for Al-Farouq Aminu

SEA AGE LEA TEAM GP MIN FG% 3% 1% OR DR REB AST STL BLK PTS EFF
10-11 20 USA-1 Los Angeles Clippers 81 17.9 39.4 31.5 77.3 0.9 2.4 3.3 0.7 0.7 0.3 5.6 6.1
11-12 21 USA-1 New Orleans Pelicans 66 22.5 40.9 27.7 75.4 1.4 3.2 4.7 1.0 0.9 0.5 6.0 8.0
12-13 22 USA-1 New Orleans Pelicans 76 27.2 47.5 21.1 73.7 1.8 5.9 7.7 1.3 1.2 0.7 7.3 12.9
13-14 23 USA-1 New Orleans Pelicans 80 25.6 47.4 27.1 66.4 1.6 4.6 6.2 1.4 1.0 0.5 7.2 11.4
14-15 24 USA-1 Dallas Mavericks 74 18.5 41.2 27.4 71.2 1.5 3.1 4.6 0.8 0.9 0.8 5.6 8.7
15-16 25 USA-1 Portland Trail Blazers 82 28.6 41.6 36.1 73.7 1.2 4.9 6.1 1.7 0.9 0.6 10.2 12.4
16-17 26 USA-1 Portland Trail Blazers 61 29.1 39.3 32.9 70.6 1.3 6.1 7.4 1.6 1.0 0.7 8.7 12.6
17-18 27 USA-1 Portland Trail Blazers 69 29.9 39.5 36.9 73.8 1.4 6.2 7.6 1.2 1.2 0.6 9.3 13.3
18-19 28 USA-1 Portland Trail Blazers 81 27.8 43.3 34.3 86.7 1.4 6.1 7.5 1.3 0.8 0.4 9.4 14.1
19-20 29 USA-1 Orlando Magic 18 20.5 29.1 25.0 65.5 1.3 3.6 4.9 1.2 1.0 0.4 4.3 6.9

Link:  https://www.proballers.com/basketball/player/49287/al-farouq-aminu

52 minutes ago, Orlando Magic Toaster said:

I think everyone is underestimating the raptors, they only lost Kawhi, yes he's a good player but this is a team sport. We will be back on winning form, better than ever after sharpening up against the raptors

They’re well coached, they share the ball and they play hard for sure, but it’s disheartening when they’re without Lowry and Ibaka and we hold Siakam to 4-22 from the field and we still get beat pretty easily at home.