Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

On 11/23/2019 at 11:06 AM, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Apparently you all haven't read my game thread opener that I posted last night about the Magic @ Pacers, but. . .

What about Pacers' Aaron Holiday? He killed it Wednesday night against the Nets with some of the players above him out. Apparently when those players return, he will go back to the end of the bench.

Aaron and his brother, Justin, were killing it.  Aaron Holiday finished with career highs of 24 points and 13 assists, Justin Holiday scored 20 points.

Edit: I posted the article about Aaron in the game thread opener for tonight's game against the Pacers.

Kudo's for being clairvoyant or just plain intuitive as last night Aaron nails the 3 pointer for the win.  Problem is if we got him (and immediately he becomes the best shooter on our team) Clifford would find a way to keep him on the bench.  Or take him out when he is hot due to a "planned" rotation change.  

It's such a disappointment to see that aaron gordon cant consistently score off shooting and zach lavine can score 49 points off of 13 threes in one game.  We can only dream of a magic player ever making at the most , 8, in a game.  

1 hour ago, ~O~ said:

It's such a disappointment to see that aaron gordon cant consistently score off shooting and zach lavine can score 49 points off of 13 threes in one game.  We can only dream of a magic player ever making at the most , 8, in a game.  

I mean, they’re different players. We shouldn’t expect that from Gordon in the same way Bulls fans shouldn’t expect Lavine to be a defensive stopper. Gordon’s defensively gifted while Lavine is offensively gifted; doesn’t make one better than the other.

14 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

I mean, they’re different players. We shouldn’t expect that from Gordon in the same way Bulls fans shouldn’t expect Lavine to be a defensive stopper. Gordon’s defensively gifted while Lavine is offensively gifted; doesn’t make one better than the other.

I agree. Gordon is an more rounded player. 

In the last game, Mo had his hands up and actual got a block. Plus, he ran the floor and got a block. He made effort and it was good to see. I hope it will continue. 

• Like 1

How about that Doncic kid.

Wonder where we'd be at if we got him. I'm not sure he'd be going as good as he is because we wouldn't have given him the keys like Dallas have.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Boss said:

How about that Doncic kid.

Wonder where we'd be at if we got him. I'm not sure he'd be going as good as he is because we wouldn't have given him the keys like Dallas have.

sad but true.

Fultz has the keys, but only to about half court. Then he passes them to fournier. This is most of his usage. I hope it is a situation were coach is easing him in to thing, because he only played in 33 games over 2 years, because as a fan it is frustrating. We finally get a play-maker and he is used sparingly.

Dallas and Atlanta have fully committed to their play-makers. Doncic and Young have green lights, and their coaches have given them free reign. We should do the same with fultz. He really is that good. He is not a gunner. He looks to make others better. I am fully on board with him and vuch having max usage.

10 hours ago, LaVar said:

sad but true.

Fultz has the keys, but only to about half court. Then he passes them to fournier. This is most of his usage. I hope it is a situation were coach is easing him in to thing, because he only played in 33 games over 2 years, because as a fan it is frustrating. We finally get a play-maker and he is used sparingly.

Dallas and Atlanta have fully commented to their play-makers. Doncic and Young have green lights, and their coaches have given them free reign. We should do the same with fultz. He really is that good. He is not a gunner. He looks to make others better. I am fully on board with him and vuch having max usage.

Yeah we’re in a different situation with Fultz because of the TOS or whatever it is. We’re doing the right thing. 

2 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah we’re in a different situation with Fultz because of the TOS or whatever it is. We’re doing the right thing. 

Yeah. If fultz was a rookie with no issues I'd be clamoring to play him 34 mpg with a 30% usage. 

Can't rush him though. Need to have a long view.