Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I've got us winning the next 8 or 9 games out of the next 10. 

9 winnable games. I say 6 out 10. Which is good on the road 

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

If JI and MCW return without any lingering effects 8 w’s would still be a bit of a stretch imho. 6 or7 wins would be mark a definite turn around for the season and a return to winning Magic basketball! The team is still not playing anywhere near as good as they are capable of - but that day will come this year barring injuries or relapses in playing!

Per John Denton on Magic site JI expected to return tonight vs raptors. Playing against a physical team like Toronto i’d Like to see Birch replace Bamba as backup. Surely gonna miss MCW in this game!

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I'm thinking we are still inconsistent, so it's a one game at a time thing for me. 

We indeed are still inconsistent, but improvement in this area, especially with the starting unit leads to an optimistic look for the season

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

That's ridiculous. It's blind homerism. Basically you're arguing that we have a 90% chance to win each of the next 10 games. 

My expectations are higher than most. We should have a good chance of winning every single game we play but that's not the same thing as saying we're going to win every game we play. 

If the two Toronto games are coin flips, we have a 60% chance of beating Indiana, Detroit, and Phoenix, 75% chance of beating Cleveland each time and Washington, 90% chance of beating golden State, and 35% chance of beating Milwaukee. 

So we should expect to win 6 out of the next 10 games. 

27 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

That's ridiculous. It's blind homerism. Basically you're arguing that we have a 90% chance to win each of the next 10 games. 

My expectations are higher than most. We should have a good chance of winning every single game we play but that's not the same thing as saying we're going to win every game we play. 

If the two Toronto games are coin flips, we have a 60% chance of beating Indiana, Detroit, and Phoenix, 75% chance of beating Cleveland each time and Washington, 90% chance of beating golden State, and 35% chance of beating Milwaukee. 

So we should expect to win 6 out of the next 10 games. 

I'll stand by what I said thanks. Nobody is arguing anything. In my opinion that's what we will do. If you think that's ridiculous so be it. Looking at those games we have it's not ridiculous at all in my eyes. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

I'll stand by what I said thanks. Nobody is arguing anything. In my opinion that's what we will do. If you think that's ridiculous so be it. Looking at those games we have it's not ridiculous at all in my eyes. 

On it my man. Gonna do it for u. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I apologize, this is majorly off topic: Where do ya’ll watch the Magic games? At home, or do you hit the sports bar? If so,  do you go to any that have a lot of Magic fans? If so, where?

Mostly home, but when I do go out to a sports bar in Daytona, they rarely have the game on so I have to request it.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

So you honestly expect that we're going to be on a stretch where we go 13-1 or 12-2?

That's your opinion? Really?