Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

8 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

.......Entering Bamba's first year,  all the talk about B.I.G being the future of the Magic, Bamba had to be pumped. He played well last season before his injury late in the season. 

I’m sorry?   He played well last season?  Correction:  He played terribly last season. If he hadn’t gotten injured and replaced by Birch, we would never have made the playoffs.  

I completely understand why we need to try to develop Bamba but it is possible it will cost us games.  

4 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I was joking so don't take it seriously but I was going through draft stuff the other day and remembered this:

Yeah he’s proving me wrong.  Hey, can’t be right all the time.

You all are making some good points about Bamba and the G League. I get what Fultz4thewin is saying about implementation. Bamba can do it against lesser talent, but can't do it against the big boys. Excuse my ignorance, but is it possible for Bamba to do both? Play games in the G League and regular NBA games? Maybe we can send him down for some intense instruction on things like boxing out, setting screens, etc. and then bring him back up. Of course, we are probably doing that now, but maybe with the G League schedule, the players have more time to practice, etc. 

Note: I am just trying to think outside the box a little bit. I would hate to see Bamba as a wasted pick. Not sure if my ideas make good sense or are even doable. 

Boxing out, setting screens, using your length to your advantage, etc are all things that should be able to be addressed in practice as these are just basic duties of big men in the NBA. I’m wondering, and at this point sort of hoping, if Bamba is experiencing some residual effects from the injury he sustained last season. I know he put on some upper body strength over the summer but his lower body still remains rail thin and he gets pushed around very easily. It doesn’t help that he doesn’t seem to have any sort of edge and seems uncomfortable putting his body on an opposing player and mixing it up at all. When he gets the ball in traffic its obvious how uncomfortable he is and that is as much a mentality as it is an inability.

I’ve been saying G-league for a while now. I just don’t think there’s any harm that can be done sending him down for say 8-10 games and working through some of this stuff, even if it is against inferior competition, because frankly that’s where he’s at right now. As pointed out he really only had one breakout SL game and only played in a couple if memory serves me. He needs more reps and he’s not going to get them during NBA games, at least not in the short-term 

• Upvote 1

Everyone: For Carmelo to succeed at this point in his career, he needs to buy into a team's strict plan that involves him playing a defined role, likely off the bench.  He will have to suppress the part of his ego that requires him to be the focal point.

Portland: We're going to start you game 1, play you 24 minutes, and give you a 33.7% usage rate.  Also we plan to start you for the foreseeable future.

So if we don't beat Toronto tonight we really need to beat Toronto on the 29th. 

And we probably need to win 2 of the 3 games against Indiana, Detroit, and Cleveland. 

Benchmark needs to be exiting November at .500

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ML6 said:

Everyone: For Carmelo to succeed at this point in his career, he needs to buy into a team's strict plan that involves him playing a defined role, likely off the bench.  He will have to suppress the part of his ego that requires him to be the focal point.

Portland: We're going to start you game 1, play you 24 minutes, and give you a 33.7% usage rate.  Also we plan to start you for the foreseeable future.

I mean, they don't have a ton of options. 

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I mean, they don't have a ton of options. 

Yeah I think that's the problem.  Not exactly the environment that puts him in the best spot.  From Portland's perspective it's probably a low risk high reward move, so I get it.  For Melo it's probably not so good.

Just now, ML6 said:

Yeah I think that's the problem.  Not exactly the environment that puts him in the best spot.  From Portland's perspective it's probably a low risk high reward move, so I get it.  For Melo it's probably not so good.

Yeah. 

Nassir Little is showing some signs of life lately

21 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I've got us winning the next 8 or 9 games out of the next 10. 

at TOR
at IND
at DET
at CLE
TOR
GSW
at WAS
PHX
at CLE
at MIL

Not horrible but 7/10 on the road is a challenge even if we should be favored in some of those.  8 or 9 Ws is a high bar.  6-4 would be nice.