Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

2 hours ago, The Boss said:

For someone that recorded the fastest sprint at the combine, I'm not sure I remember seeing him sprint once down the court.

Simply Sprinting down a court with no game going on is a little different than processing plays, defenses, offenses, etc. 

The eye test for me says Bamba is a highly intelligent person  (***** that guy if he calls me racist again)  and since he missed a lot of his rookie year, is still processing the game. Some times people reaction times is their strength followed by skill. I think it’s different for him. Skilled by reaction time is slower. Give him time to learn.

Real game time with elite level opponents is different than pre season and the Columbine as well.

43 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Simply Sprinting down a court with no game going on is a little different than processing plays, defenses, offenses, etc. 

The eye test for me says Bamba is a highly intelligent person  (***** that guy if he calls me racist again)  and since he missed a lot of his rookie year, is still processing the game. Some times people reaction times is their strength followed by skill. I think it’s different for him. Skilled by reaction time is slower. Give him time to learn.

Real game time with elite level opponents is different than pre season and the Columbine as well.

WTH?

Some guys just play basketball because they are 7 feet tall and want to get paid. We will all see, is Mo the former or is he really an unfinished product.

What we know about Mo, he's big and can shoot the 3 ball sometimes. His stroke looks pretty good, everything else looks bad. I understand the people sticking up for him, true fans like 4thewin  only look at the positives. I applaud them. Meanwhile guys like me wonder why Luka Doncic is not on our team. 

Just now, hootie249 said:

Some guys just play basketball because they are 7 feet tall and want to get paid. We will all see, is Mo the former or is he really an unfinished product.

What we know about Mo, he's big and can shoot the 3 ball sometimes. His stroke looks pretty good, everything else looks bad. I understand the people sticking up for him, true fans like 4thewin   only look at the positives. I applaud them. Meanwhile guys like me wonder why Luka Doncic is not on our team. 

I'm not only looking at the positives. 

Doncic isn't on the team because Washington decided to tank the last game and Rodney Purvis outdueled Beal. 

And then we tried to trade up with Atlanta but Dallas screwed that up. 

I

3 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

What we know about Mo, he's big and can shoot the 3 ball sometimes. His stroke looks pretty good, everything else looks bad. I understand the people sticking up for him, true fans like 4thewin  only look at the positives. I applaud them. Meanwhile guys like me wonder why Luka Doncic is not on our team. 

Because Dallas offered the better deal to trade up.

C'mon guys we all know why, i was just joking.That Washington win was such bull**** i knew the second it happened we were not getting Luka or Trey.

I just feel like we deserved it somehow.However, the Magic traditionally are reborn when we draft a HOF center, i guess that's Bamba.

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I

Because Dallas offered the better deal to trade up.

I'm not even convinced they offered the better deal. All Dallas has to say is "if we don't get doncic we're taking Trae. He's number 2 on our board" and it eliminates every other party behind them. 

And it's not like Atlanta is going to call their bluff when it was no secret that Trae was their number one guy by a mile. 

4 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I'm not even convinced they offered the better deal. All Dallas has to say is "if we don't get doncic we're taking Trae. He's number 2 on our board" and it eliminates every other party behind them. 

And it's not like Atlanta is going to call their bluff when it was no secret that Trae was their number one guy by a mile. 

Yeah...They held a better hand in other words

13 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Doncic isn't on the team because Washington decided to tank the last game and Rodney Purvis outdueled Beal. 

Artis, Purvis, & Hezonja secured the win against a playoff team that was 17-2 against us in the prior 19 meetings.  Truly cruel.

14 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Basketball IQ is different than just pure intelligence. To me he is not a dumb person. He just does not have the best basketball IQ. Just because you speak well and are good at math does not mean you are good at science. You can still have strengths and weaknesses. 

Mo has a beautiful personality, speaks well, and carries himself great. I really do hope things turn around. I do understand reaction time as well, but it does not take much to sprint down the court. That is not reaction time, that to me is more desire and hard work. I guess it is just me. I dont really see him playing with a fire at all- even in moments when he does not have to think. Has did it one game and he played well. It was, to me, the only good game he has had this year. 

One reason it seemed that Mo has bad reaction time is because of his defensive posture. Being out of position and game understand is another reason too, but  If you play with your hands down and not up, it slows your ability to react or get steals and blocks. You can not do that in this league. Players are too good, quick and fast. People said my thoughts were meaningless and hyperbolic, but there is a reason they say hand down man down in the league. You need to challenge shots and have active hands to stop people - especially with Mo's height and length. If he does not use his length, what good is it? To me it is an easy fix. Watch Vuch play. When he started to keeping his hands up on defense he got better.

Sometimes, with technique, you can also improve. 

6 minutes ago, LaVar said:

Basketball IQ is different than just pure intelligence. To me is not a dumb person. He just does not have the best basketball IQ. Just because you speak well and are good at math does not mean you are good at science. You can still have strengths and weaknesses. 

Mo has a beautiful personality, speaks well, and carries himself great. I really do hope things turn around. I do understand reaction time as well, but it does not take much to sprint down the court. That is not reaction time, that to me is more desire and hard work. I guess it is just me. I dont really see him playing with a fire at all- even in moments when he does not have to think. Has did it one game and he played well. It was, to me, the only good game he has had this year. 

One reason it seemed that Mo has bad reaction time is because of his defensive posture. Being out of position and game understand is another reason too, but  If you play with your hands down and not up, it slows your ability to react or get steals and block. You can not do that in this league. Players are too good, quick and fast. People said my thoughts were meaningless and hyperbolic, but there is a reason they say hand down man down in the league. You need to challenge shots and have active hands to stop people - special with Mo's height and length. If he does not use his length, what good is it? To me it is an easy fix. Watch Vuch play. When he started to keeping his hands up on defense he got better.

Sometimes, with technique, you can also improve. 

I won’t disagree. 

Hands up is elementary. How guys get into the league not knowing or doing this is beyond me. I learned that at 10.