Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

12 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Make mistakes. Do something. 

He will just needs the PT and the patience.

1 hour ago, LaVar said:

they play two different positions.

Khem Birch has always been a center. He plays bigger than his size and is a good shot blocker, pick and roll player, and can shot floaters and mid range shots. His energy, hustle and intangibles were key to us win games last year. If Moe played like khem, he would be an allstar because of his physical tools. The issue is their motors are night and day. Moe plays privileged and acts, on the court, like he does not need to earn anything. khem plays like it is his last game. Hustle and energy is why we resigned khem. 

Aminu has never been a center. He is a sf/pf tweener. I would say apples and oranges. Birch should get all of Bamba mins until he decides he want to play ball. 

I know that Birch and Aminu play 2 different positions (Birch center and Aminu sf/pf). My intended comparisons were their contributions on offense and defense. 

3 minutes ago, jec said:

He will just needs the PT and the patience.

We can be patience in a lot of ways. PT is also earned.

The funny thing is - he played better last year. It has hard to believe he regressed. He took a whole 4 months to take notes and to follow the games and learn with the coaches. How are you worst than last year? How do you not know plays and rotations? This is your second season. At the very least run, jump, and give me some energy. You only got 13 mins. Give me something. Give me Anything!!!

Does he need to lose us games before people understand the game can be the difference of a few plays. It does not take much to lose a game. His 13mins are important. I want him to understand his value. He does not play like he cares. 

Please, dont get me wrong. He was the 6 pick in the draft. I dont want him to be this bad or to be a bust. Personally, I never wanted him, but I was willing to see why people thought so highly of him. What I really dont want, is for us to lose games because we chose to play someone not ready to receive mins at this level. 

Some people really wanted to have Mo Bamba replace Vuch this year. Are you serious? We would have been a lottery team again with mo playing 30 mins. I think that is crazy. I just care about the team winning too much, I guess. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I know that Birch and Aminu play 2 different positions (Birch center and Aminu sf/pf). My intended comparisons were their contributions on offense and defense. 

ok

9 minutes ago, LaVar said:

Being dumb is not really something I am trying to hear. He is nearly getting the 8 fouls you are talking about on reaching fouls on guards (I am somewhat exaggerating). When you are faster than john wall and westbook, it is not much to ask to beat your man down the court. He playing 13 mins a game. It does not take much thought to turn and find your man to box out, then find the ball. I am not in the NBA and I know that much. It does not take much thought to seek the ball and not watch the ball go out of bounds. He literally did that recently. He watched the ball roll 10 feet and made no effort to get the ball and it became to other teams ball. Having high hands and challenging shots does not mean you need to foul, but it is better than the reaching fouls he gets now. I can live with him challenging shots and get pumped faked sometimes. Why are you 7'1"  with a 7' 10" wingspan with your hands by your sides or trying to cover a man eyes with your hand. Are you going to block something with your head? It is not fair to the rest of the team or the fans to have a player out there that is that garbage. When he plays that bad, save him from his self. JJ got pulled for playing bad. He turned out ok. 

He’s not dumb, he’s probably the most eloquent and intelligent player on the team imo— his interviews are usually pretty impressive. He hasn’t had the mental reps everyone else has, and he’s obviously not playing at the same speed as the other bigs. That’s not effort since Vuc isn’t renowned for diving on the floor— it’s knowing what to do and converting that into muscle memory. Playing defense as a guard and center are completely different, so comparing Fultz to Bamba is apples to oranges for me

He could rim run more, definitely. He could have a higher motor, and there’s plays that annoy me with him that come down to his effort. However, my point is that if he was playing at the same speed everyone else is, his lack of effort wouldn’t matter— his play would more than make up for it. If he was being the dominant rim protector he can be, nobody would be complaining about him not chasing down fast breaks.

I think the things you’re highlighting are basketball plays that annoy you a lot, but don’t really have too much of an impact on the game. Ross chucking and the bench offense being stagnant is of a lot more concern than Bamba being extremely up and down. As a fan base, I think we disregard Bamba’s good plays and over exaggerate Bamba’s bad plays. For instance, Bamba had a great defensive possession vs the Wizards, but he followed it up with a botched dribble handoff. We’ll remember the turnover, but not the effect Mo had on defense. 

The biggest thing Bamba should stop is the turnovers. The botched hand offs, the turnovers in the post— those are the plays he should cut out. On offense, it should be lobs and 3’s. Past that, though? Keep playing him and hope he improves with time, or trade him.

25 minutes ago, LaVar said:

Being dumb is not really something I am trying to hear. He is nearly getting the 8 fouls you are talking about on reaching fouls on guards (I am somewhat exaggerating). When you are faster than john wall and westbook, it is not much to ask to beat your man down the court. He playing 13 mins a game. It does not take much thought to turn and find your man to box out, then find the ball. I am not in the NBA and I know that much. It does not take much thought to seek the ball and not watch the ball go out of bounds. He literally did that recently. He watched the ball roll 10 feet and made no effort to get the ball and it became to other teams ball. Having high hands and challenging shots does not mean you need to foul, but it is better than the reaching fouls he gets now. I can live with him challenging shots and get pumped faked sometimes. Why are you 7'1"  with a 7' 10" wingspan with your hands by your sides or trying to cover a man eyes with your hand. Are you going to block something with your head? It is not fair to the rest of the team or the fans to have a player out there that is that garbage. When he plays that bad, save him from his self. JJ got pulled for playing bad. He turned out ok. 

What the hell are you talking about? He's got 6 reach in fouls on the season. 

JJs issue was he couldn't play defense and bogans was better. 

Bamba's issue is entirely on court performance. He's not going to get better without playing. 

5 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

He’s not dumb, he’s probably the most eloquent and intelligent player on the team imo— his interviews are usually pretty impressive. He hasn’t had the mental reps everyone else has, and he’s obviously not playing at the same speed as the other bigs. That’s not effort since Vuc isn’t renowned for diving on the floor— it’s knowing what to do and converting that into muscle memory. Playing defense as a guard and center are completely different, so comparing Fultz to Bamba is apples to oranges for me

He could rim run more, definitely. He could have a higher motor, and there’s plays that annoy me with him that come down to his effort. However, my point is that if he was playing at the same speed everyone else is, his lack of effort wouldn’t matter— his play would more than make up for it. If he was being the dominant rim protector he can be, nobody would be complaining about him not chasing down fast breaks.

I think the things you’re highlighting are basketball plays that annoy you a lot, but don’t really have too much of an impact on the game. Ross chucking and the bench offense being stagnant is of a lot more concern than Bamba being extremely up and down. As a fan base, I think we disregard Bamba’s good plays and over exaggerate Bamba’s bad plays. For instance, Bamba had a great defensive possession vs the Wizards, but he followed it up with a botched dribble handoff. We’ll remember the turnover, but not the effect Mo had on defense. 

The biggest thing Bamba should stop is the turnovers. The botched hand offs, the turnovers in the post— those are the plays he should cut out. On offense, it should be lobs and 3’s. Past that, though? Keep playing him and hope he improves with time, or trade him.

personally, I never called him dumb. I know he is smart. That why I think it is lack of effort and lazy. My kid not studying can be called lazy. Not put time in your craft. Could be called lazy. Additionally, giving up layup, allowing teams to get offensive put backs, giving up turnovers that result in fast breaks, and reaching fouls can lose you games. Ask the coach how important fouls are to him. They do upset me.  

I do think his play can lose us games in the future.  

19 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

What the hell are you talking about? He's got 6 reach in fouls on the season. 

JJs issue was he couldn't play defense and bogans was better. 

Bamba's issue is entirely on court performance. He's not going to get better without playing. 

What the hell you are talking about. calm your nerves. did you miss the ("I am somewhat exaggerating"). 

And it was also courney lee that also played better than jj as well.... and... I think you missed the point.... 

My point was that you need to have a system that does not reward for bad play. If he is playing that bad, he needs to know about it. 

You cant have players killing the team. It is not fair to anyone on the court.

I know he is your boy and all, but dang. His game has not be worth the energy of your wrath... 

Control yourself, he is not currently worth it. If he is the allstar you think he is.... I will one day tip my hat, but he has a long way to good brotha.... A long way to gooo...

1 hour ago, LaVar said:

What the hell you are talking about. calm your nerves. did you miss the ("I am somewhat exaggerating"). 

And it was also courney lee that also played better than jj as well.... and... I think you missed the point.... 

My point was that you need to have a system that does not reward for bad play. If he is playing that bad, he needs to know about it. 

You cant have players killing the team. It is not fair to anyone on the court.

I know he is your boy and all, but dang. His game has not be worth the energy of your wrath... 

Control yourself, he is not currently worth it. If he is the allstar you think he is.... I will one day tip my hat, but he has a long way to good brotha.... A long way to gooo...

I think he knows about it. 

We're not rewarding bad play but if you don't accommodate a little bit for bad play you'll never play young players. 

For all of the stress and discussion about his game we've been outscored by 13 points so far this year with Bamba on the court. We were +7 in Bamba minutes until this weekend. 

So your analysis is mostly hyperbolic. 

32 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I think he knows about it. 

We're not rewarding bad play but if you don't accommodate a little bit for bad play you'll never play young players. 

For all of the stress and discussion about his game we've been outscored by 13 points so far this year with Bamba on the court. We were +7 in Bamba minutes until this weekend. 

So your analysis is mostly hyperbolic. 

it is visual. even my 11 old son can see how bad he is playing. (You lost some points in my book.)

My son said, what is Bamba doing, Dad.

I just shook my head and said." son,  I dont Know why he is in the game. He was the 6th pick."

Personally, he is the chris duhon and the  Jerian grant on the roster.

But let me get this right, it is my analysis that is the problem? I see. He would be the starter for you over vuch. You are one of those people?

I will let you to continue to think he is good. Because it is only hyperbolic in what I am seeing. He is really a dominant force on the court because he is +7.

He is the reason we are winning.He has all the tools, fundamental, and the skills to be a force on the court. 

I am the crazy one...  Some people are just hard to reason with... I can admit when I am wrong. This is not one of those times.... 

Hyperbolic... Haaaa.... Vince carter wince face.... Please... 

BTW, I dont mind playing Fultz, Birch,  or Wes Iwundu. They are all new player we are developing.  Birch has only played in 96 games.

I have an issue with what I see on the floor. Point blank. 

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, LaVar said:

it is visual. even my 11 old son can see how bad he is playing. (You lost some points in my book.)

My son said, what is Bamba doing, Dad.

I just shook my head and said." son,  I dont Know why he is in the game. He was the 6th pick."

Personally, he is the chris duhon and the  Jerian grant on the roster.

But let me get this right, it is my analysis that is the problem? I see. He would be the starter for you over vuch. You are one of those people?

I will let you to continue to think he is good. Because it is only hyperbolic in what I am seeing. He is really a dominant force on the court because he is +7.

He is the reason we are winning.He has all the tools, fundamental, and the skills to be a force on the court. 

I am the crazy one...  Some people are just hard to reason with... I can admit when I am wrong. This is not one of those times.... 

Hyperbolic... Haaaa.... Vince carter wince face.... Please... 

BTW, I dont mind playing Fultz, Birch,  or Wes Iwundu. They are all new player we are developing. 

tenor.gif