Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

2 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

In theory it should improve with experience but we should see some sort of upward trajectory in his play as he accumulates minutes and we're not seeing it. If anything it's getting worse. 

We just need to wait this out for a while and he's either going to figure things out or he's not. 

Worst case scenario, it doesn’t get much better. You can’t hit on every pick. 

As of this morning in opp ppg the Magic are the best in the east at 101.2 and 3rd leaguewide, trailing only LAL and Utah. We are no longer the worst offensively - the Knicks now hold that honor! With the offense improving and defensive identity being established along with being tied for 7th in the east (at this early juncture in the season) we can hopefully stay healthy enough to make huge gains over last year!! 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

In theory it should improve with experience but we should see some sort of upward trajectory in his play as he accumulates minutes and we're not seeing it. If anything it's getting worse. 

We just need to wait this out for a while and he's either going to figure things out or he's not. 

I agree for now, but if it gets to the point where his performance starts costing us wins, what do we do? Ride it out for the future or play Birch, who isn’t gonna set the world on fire, but you know exactly what you’re gonna get night in and night out.

17 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I agree for now, but if it gets to the point where his performance starts costing us wins, what do we do? Ride it out for the future or play Birch, who isn’t gonna set the world on fire, but you know exactly what you’re gonna get night in and night out.

I'll let 4thewin reply to your post.

While I love Birch and his energy and athleticism, he doesn't offer much in scoring. He played a big role last season when Bamba was injured, but what I do observe about him is that he is not a good match up against taller centers who are also very good on defense and offense. 

What I am saying is Birch and Aminu are similar, only Aminu is better offensively.

If Birch has to play the same backup minutes as Bamba against very good teams, he won't be a difference maker. 

12 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I mean if he gets to that point consistently then we'll make a switch but I don't think it's going to come to that. We're fortunate that his brand of bad is not that detrimental. And just like when Vucevic went 1-13 and we didn't bench him we have to keep playing him in his role as long as he's worth developing. 

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I mean if he gets to that point consistently then we'll make a switch but I don't think it's going to come to that. We're fortunate that his brand of bad is not that detrimental. And just like when Vucevic went 1-13 and we didn't bench him we have to keep playing him in his role as long as he's worth developing. 

I am disappointed with Bamba's lack of development, but I am going to take your cue and try and remain patient even though I have lowered my expectations considerably. We have a few other guys like Fultz, JI, and AG who are growing and developing, which is enough to keep me still excited about our team. 

5 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I am disappointed with Bamba's lack of development, but I am going to take your cue and try and remain patient even though I have lowered my expectations considerably. We have a few other guys like Fultz, JI, and AG who are growing and developing, which is enough to keep me still excited about our team. 

Yeah. And I mean he might just be bad. But you need to give guys a certain amount of time before you make decisions on them especially when they're talented. 

• Upvote 1

If Bamba would just bring more energy. I think better positioning with time will help and if all he offers is rim defense he can be serviceable as a back up. I’m also concerned with His durability. We can’t have all max or close to it players. He doesn’t have that edge like when skinny Kevin Garnett came into the league. He may be too passive. 

15 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

If Bamba would just bring more energy. I think better positioning with time will help and if all he offers is rim defense he can be serviceable as a back up. I’m also concerned with His durability. We can’t have all max or close to it players. He doesn’t have that edge like when skinny Kevin Garnett came into the league. He may be too passive. 

There are very few guys to EVER have KG's passion. That's an unfair expectation.  

Bamba is what he is.  If he isn't motivated to be better than his own song, what else can motivate him?