Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Vooch has been absolutely ballin' during this win streak. He's playing fantastic defense, he's hitting 3s, he's performing well down low. He said that being in FIBA made him sort of unprepared for this season. Now, he looks like all-star Vooch in just week four. Hopefully he can keep it up.

If he can continue to play this well on BOTH sides of the ball, then I'll eat my crow about not wanting him back this year

7 hours ago, andrew2018022 said:

Vooch has been absolutely ballin' during this win streak. He's playing fantastic defense, he's hitting 3s, he's performing well down low. He said that being in FIBA made him sort of unprepared for this season. Now, he looks like all-star Vooch in just week four. Hopefully he can keep it up.

If he can continue to play this well on BOTH sides of the ball, then I'll eat my crow about not wanting him back this year

Eh, this is like the 6th consecutive year we've said this. I'm not holding out hope. 

Offense is starting to get into a rhythm. 6 straight good offensive games. We have the 6th best offense in the league over the last 6 games. Bringing us up to 27th for the year. Signs are good that we'll settle around the middle. 

Something worth noting is Fultz has been excellent in the open court for the Magic. He is averaging 1.46 points per possession in transition, which ranks in the 93rd percentile among all players in the NBA. In fact, among those in the Eastern Conference who have had at least 20 transition finishes, only five players have more efficient.

When he has the ball in the open court, he has been at his best since joining Orlando. There are 58 players who have had at least 15 opportunities as the ballhandler in transition, as he did in the final seconds against Washington, and no one has averaged more points per possession on these looks than Fultz.

The guard also has a 3-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio in transition, showcasing some effective playmaking on these looks as well. If he can keep distributing that well, he can get into more of a rhythm with his teammates on fastbreaks.

https://hoopshype.com/2019/11/18/orlando-magic-markelle-fultz-career-high-ballhandler-fastbreak/

My Bamba concern meter is at like an 8.5/10.  He needs to start showing anything.

25 minutes ago, ML6 said:

My Bamba concern meter is at like an 8.5/10.  He needs to start showing anything.

Yeah, Bamba has quickly become the most disappointing player on the team by quite a wide margin. Its reached the point where him actually grabbing a rebound is almost a small miracle. Unless something changes drastically in the next 5-10 games I think we should be exploring moves to unload him for some quality wing depth. Too much of his issues are effort/motor/confidence related and recently he's brought as close to nothing to the court as a player possibly can. Birch deserves the mins that Bamba is wasting on the court.

31 minutes ago, ML6 said:

He's coming off his worst two games. Just like we can't judge Fournier off the last few games we have to judge Bamba on the entirety of his season. 

That being said he's not improving and I don't know why. 

2 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Yeah, Bamba has quickly become the most disappointing player on the team by quite a wide margin. Its reached the point where him actually grabbing a rebound is almost a small miracle. Unless something changes drastically in the next 5-10 games I think we should be exploring moves to unload him for some quality wing depth. Too much of his issues are effort/motor/confidence related and recently he's brought as close to nothing to the court as a player possibly can. Birch deserves the mins that Bamba is wasting on the court.

Nah. Not 5-10 games. But mid January definitely. 10 games only gets us to December 9th. 

15 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

He's coming off his worst two games. Just like we can't judge Fournier off the last few games we have to judge Bamba on the entirety of his season. 

That being said he's not improving and I don't know why. 

Yeah I'm not the quick to judgment type generally but I think Bamba is particularly concerning to me because he's failing to do a lot of bare minimum stuff, even in some of his better games.  Screens are bad, defensive positioning is bad, box out effort is bad, rotations are bad, rolls to the rim are bad, timing is really bad.  We need to see something.  

26 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Nah. Not 5-10 games. But mid January definitely. 10 games only gets us to December 9th. 

Yeah, I tend to agree on this but on the other side of the coin, in case his poor performances prevail, his market value would decrease even more and the number of possible trading partners could either decrease or be willing to offer less... or both...

IMHO, assigning him to our G-League affiliate could be a good way to proceed at the moment - it would give him the opportunity to play more minutes and in a less demanding environment, helping him gain confident on his skills and finding a way to get back to his rhythm.

In the meantime, Birch would have the chance to get in the rotation which I think he has deserved for some time now.

Just now, JayMac said:

Yeah, I tend to agree on this but on the other side of the coin, in case his poor performances prevail, his market value would decrease even more and the number of possible trading partners could either decrease or be willing to offer less... or both...

IMHO, assigning him to our G-League affiliate could be a good way to proceed at the moment - it would give him the opportunity to play more minutes and in a less demanding environment, helping him gain confident on his skills and finding a way to get back to his rhythm.

In the meantime, Birch would have the chance to get in the rotation which I think he has deserved for some time now.

I just don't think the g-league would help him any more than summer league helped him or the preseason helped him. He dominates in lesser games. 

Don't worry about his trade value. The minute we shop him his trade value plummets.