Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

6 minutes ago, LaVar said:

Sweet Jesus... Great to see you write how it is hard to argue keeping MCW on the bench. I remember you calling him a bad player, so it is good to see you turn that corner some what. He has never been a bad player on the Magic. I have always said he was a difference maker on our team. I can also see him backup pg. 

Kim, chief, ross, mcw, 

We could also bring in Isaac for center for the nine man.

Isaac, chief, ross, MCW, DJ

Yeah. I mean he was out of the league last year and Houston paid another team to take him. He was considered one of the worst players in the league when he was in Charlotte and terrible in Chicago. 

For some reason he just works here. And he's had some absolutely monster games. He's significantly more disruptive than he was last year. Playing with other long defenders makes him better. It's why I'm so adamant about keeping as many defenders as possible. Shift too far the other way and he's worthless again. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I think it's discussed. I think the price for getting him to sign here under those circumstances is the third year of guaranteed money. 

I think the plan from the beginning was keep him for 1-2 years tops as a transition player who can step in and keep us playing a certain style of basketball until okeke is ready for minutes.

I don't think we expected fultz to start this early.

I don't think we expected MCW to have such a high impact. 

So we might reach a point where we can shop him faster than expected given our current rotation. Almost every team could use him. Minnesota, Phoenix, Portland, Boston, Milwaukee, and Brooklyn would be thrilled to add him. 

I just shed a tear... 

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Andrew, as you mentioned, Aminu can't be happy (for reasons you mentioned) with being out of the line up . I wonder if the Magic decides to trade him, what are the odds he might be traded to another struggling team? That would really be a devastating blow or punch in the belly for him. 

A struggling team isn't the type of team to trade for him. He's a playoff piece. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Yeah. I mean he was out of the league last year and Houston paid another team to take him. He was considered one of the worst players in the league when he was in Charlotte and terrible in Chicago. 

For some reason he just works here. And he's had some absolutely monster games. He's significantly more disruptive than he was last year. Playing with other long defenders makes him better. It's why I'm so adamant about keeping as many defenders as possible. Shift too far the other way and he's worthless again. 

I think it is the system and a coach that believes in him.  This is the second time MCW has played for cliff, so they understand each other and mcw understands what cliff wants in his system. I dont think having offense player round MCW will change his style and impact. I think he is what he is. I think mcw with offensive players / shooters would  be great, if he played PG more mins.  

11 minutes ago, LaVar said:

like moe was for vuc? We need to see him play first before he is anything. Players need to earn time and not be given time or they play like Moe. 

The difference is Vuc is arguably our best player* and Mo has significant strides before he can take that that type of role.

Okeke is a role player off of the bench behind JI and AG

46 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

The difference is Vuc is arguably our best player* and Mo has significant strides before he can take that that type of role.

Okeke is a role player off of the bench behind JI and AG

Mo is not even a good role player yet. Who is to say the Okeke is better until we see him. I just need to see him play against NBA players first. Right now, he is no one until he is somebody. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, LaVar said:

like moe was for vuc? We need to see him play first before he is anything. Players need to earn time and not be given time or they play like Moe. 

We’re currently playing 9. Okeke would only play if there was an injury. He’d just fill the current Aminu role at a cheaper cost. 

Based on his college film, he projects to be able to be a Aminu-type player pretty early on. Obviously, he has to translate that into NBA action, but Aminu loses his value once Okeke comes back.

Just now, LaVar said:

Mo is not even a good role player let. Who is to say the Okeke is better until we see him. I just need to see him play against NBA player first. Right now, he is no one until he is somebody. 

Sure. He won’t play unless there’s injury, though, so the benefit of unloading Aminu is worth it since he’ll only play in case of emergency 

48 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

Aminu is a placeholder for Okeke as he recovers. Once Okeke becomes healthy, Aminu becomes redundant and over-expensive since Okeke can do what Aminu does on a rookie contract. We signed Aminu because we knew we felt confident that our pick would be Okeke, but still needed someone to fill that spot while Okeke recovered.

I’m sure Aminu knows that he’s a short term player here as Okeke recovers. I think we have to wait until January for us to trade him, but the writing is on the wall for Aminu due to the presence of Okeke.

Oh, I see. The way you explained it I understand the signing of Aminu much better now.

I'm sorry for just getting back to you, I just finished watching my favorite college team, Florida State Seminoles, win their game!   

I know, it was a cupcake team. But the Noles are officially bowl eligible.   ZyyGlT.gif

52 minutes ago, LaVar said:

Sweet Jesus... Great to see you write how it is hard to argue keeping MCW on the bench. I remember you calling him a bad player, so it is good to see you turn that corner some what. He has never been a bad player on the Magic. I have always said he was a difference maker on our team. I can also see him backup pg. 

Kim, chief, ross, mcw, 

We could also bring in Isaac for center for the nine man.

Isaac, chief, ross, MCW, DJ

Thank you LaVar. I'm with you on your comments in bold. I disagreed with 4thewin in another thread that MCW was a bad player on the Magic. He is not.

52 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I think it's discussed. I think the price for getting him to sign here under those circumstances is the third year of guaranteed money. 

I think the plan from the beginning was keep him for 1-2 years tops as a transition player who can step in and keep us playing a certain style of basketball until okeke is ready for minutes.

I don't think we expected fultz to start this early.

I don't think we expected MCW to have such a high impact. 

So we might reach a point where we can shop him faster than expected given our current rotation. Almost every team could use him. Minnesota, Phoenix, Portland, Boston, Milwaukee, and Brooklyn would be thrilled to add him. 

Thanks 4thewin. I just read your post and appreciate you getting back to me, giving me insight as to how some of this stuff works.