Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

13 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Wait Aminu was due about to be taken out of the lineup before Isaac's injury? Were we going to run 9 or was Iwundu replacing him? Can someone with access let me know. 

The past couple games he's only played sparse minutes due to Isaac or Gordon foul trouble. We're going to 9 and it's DJ, MCW, Ross, Bamba

11 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

The past couple games he's only played sparse minutes due to Isaac or Gordon foul trouble. We're going to 9 and it's DJ, MCW, Ross, Bamba

Gotcha. I haven't been able to sit and watch the last few games just kind of in the background. Kind of signals his eventual trade if a deal comes about. Provides enough to play when we need him but he isn't "needed". Hopefully these new rotations get our guys in more of a rythm. 

1 minute ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Gotcha. I haven't been able to sit and watch the last few games just kind of in the background. Kind of signals his eventual trade if a deal comes about. Provides enough to play when we need him but he isn't "needed". Hopefully these new rotations get our guys in more of a rythm. 

Yeah we should always play 9 and it's hard to argue keeping MCW or Ross on the bench so it is what it is. 

Aminu is a really important player for depth purposes as we saw last night but we should always be shopping our short term guys to try and get long term stuff

52 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Yeah we should always play 9 and it's hard to argue keeping MCW or Ross on the bench so it is what it is. 

Aminu is a really important player for depth purposes as we saw last night but we should always be shopping our short term guys to try and get long term stuff

I doubt that a perennial western conference playoff team starter is happy with being out of the lineup while in his prime. I bet he gets traded in December

38 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I have to admit I don't  understand a lot of stuff you guys talk about trades, caps, contracts, including long term, short term, etc etc.

If Aminu is an important player for depth purposes,  why did the Magic have Aminu sign a contract then turn around and part ways with him in a short period of time during the season? Before the Magic signed Aminu, did they know that they might possibly remove him during the season? Is this something that is planned? 

Does a player understand that he may possibly be shipped out shortly after signing a contract? 

16 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

I doubt that a perennial western conference playoff team starter is happy with being out of the lineup while in his prime. I bet he gets traded in December

Andrew, as you mentioned, Aminu can't be happy (for reasons you mentioned) with being out of the line up . I wonder if the Magic decides to trade him, what are the odds he might be traded to another struggling team? That would really be a devastating blow or punch in the belly for him. 

16 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

From what I gathered the article mentions how much of a pro he is and how he took the news and remained focused. I highly doubt this is a problem for him even though I'm sure he'd like to play. 

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I have to admit I don't  understand a lot of stuff you guys talk about trades, caps, contracts, including long term, short term, etc etc.

If Aminu is an important player for depth purposes,  why did the Magic have Aminu sign a contract then turn around and part ways with him in a short period of time during the season? Before the Magic signed Aminu, did they know that they might possibly remove him during the season? Is this something that is planned? 

Does a player understand that he may possibly be shipped out shortly after signing a contract? 

Aminu is a placeholder for Okeke as he recovers. Once Okeke becomes healthy, Aminu becomes redundant and over-expensive since Okeke can do what Aminu does on a rookie contract. We signed Aminu because we knew we felt confident that our pick would be Okeke, but still needed someone to fill that spot while Okeke recovered.

I’m sure Aminu knows that he’s a short term player here as Okeke recovers. I think we have to wait until January for us to trade him, but the writing is on the wall for Aminu due to the presence of Okeke.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Sweet Jesus... Great to see you write how it is hard to argue keeping MCW on the bench. I remember you calling him a bad player, so it is good to see you turn that corner some what. He has never been a bad player on the Magic. I have always said he was a difference maker on our team. I can also see him backup pg. 

Kim, chief, ross, mcw, 

We could also bring in Isaac for center for the nine man.

Isaac, chief, ross, MCW, DJ

15 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

Aminu is a placeholder for Okeke as he recovers. Once Okeke becomes healthy, Aminu becomes redundant and over-expensive since Okeke can do what Aminu does on a rookie contract. We signed Aminu because we knew we felt confident that our pick would be Okeke, but still needed someone to fill that spot while Okeke recovered.

I’m sure Aminu knows that he’s a short term player here as Okeke recovers. I think we have to wait until January for us to trade him, but the writing is on the wall for Aminu due to the presence of Okeke.

like moe was for vuc? We need to see him play first before he is anything. Players need to earn time and not be given time or they play like Moe. 

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I think it's discussed. I think the price for getting him to sign here under those circumstances is the third year of guaranteed money. 

I think the plan from the beginning was keep him for 1-2 years tops as a transition player who can step in and keep us playing a certain style of basketball until okeke is ready for minutes.

I don't think we expected fultz to start this early.

I don't think we expected MCW to have such a high impact. 

So we might reach a point where we can shop him faster than expected given our current rotation. Almost every team could use him. Minnesota, Phoenix, Portland, Boston, Milwaukee, and Brooklyn would be thrilled to add him.