Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

9 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I don't know if last year carries over or not but I don't think that's fair. 

It's like 14 total minutes so it's not fair but I'm not sure why he deserves minutes over MCW or why playing him is a better option than just going to 9 guys

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

We had a 9 point lead at the end of the first half and looked to be controlling the game.  The starters came in sluggish and we lost the lead right away.  While the game was close after that, it was that stretch that set the stage for us  to lose.  Our second half was much worse than the first.  And by no means was it just the bench that caused us problems.

I think there is always context. We had just came off a game with improved offense and started the game hot.It was a big game, we had the lead and blew it completely by getting outplayed in the 3rd. Getting destroyed in the 3rd quarter is pretty much peak Magic the last 4 years except post all-star break last year.

It does appear that we were out coached and out hustled. You can talk missed shots and coaching all day but it all goes back to not having that guy who can stop the bleeding. At the end of quarters and especially at the end of games.

I really thought this year Ross,Gordon and contract year Fournier were going to hit daggers.The slow start is just a little upsetting. When Ross gets back to himself some of these games are going to be easy, just getting impatient.

50 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

It's like 14 total minutes so it's not fair but I'm not sure why he deserves minutes over MCW or why playing him is a better option than just going to 9 guys

Yea I'm gonna assume Cliff's comments early on about guy's not being ready to play big minutes was in reference to Bamba, Fultz, and maybe Ross. 

Really hoping that changes soon as I'd rather not have to play MCW or Iwundu.

3 hours ago, magicblue said:

The starters didn’t come in sluggish, Fournier started playing iso ball and stopped moving the ball on offense. Then AG followed suit. When we do that on offense we fail. Not sure why this team is so stubbornly opposed to ball movement, but when the ball stops it’s almost always Fournier, AG, or Aminu off the bench. Surely Cliff has “watched the film” and should be able to point this out and address it by now 

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

I think there is always context. We had just came off a game with improved offense and started the game hot.It was a big game, we had the lead and blew it completely by getting outplayed in the 3rd. Getting destroyed in the 3rd quarter is pretty much peak Magic the last 4 years except post all-star break last year.

It does appear that we were out coached and out hustled. You can talk missed shots and coaching all day but it all goes back to not having that guy who can stop the bleeding. At the end of quarters and especially at the end of games.

I really thought this year Ross,Gordon and contract year Fournier were going to hit daggers.The slow start is just a little upsetting. When Ross gets back to himself some of these games are going to be easy, just getting impatient.

I agree with both your points.  The purpose of my post was in response to an earlier post which suggested our entire problem the past 5 games has been the bench.  I think that’s oversimplified, and that at times, including the last game, the starters have also been part of the problem.  

Surprisingly, we appear to be one point favorites going against the 7-3 76ers tonight. Can this turn into a game where we finally start to put some good things together consistently??

Just now, JJZFL said:

Surprisingly, we appear to be one point favorites going against the 7-3 76ers tonight. Can this turn into a game where we finally start to put some good things together consistently??

We should given we're on 2 days rest, Philly had to play a close game last night, they won so they have no extra motivation, they had to travel, we're at home, our shooters are mostly no longer in their early season slump, Ross has no minute restriction anymore, we have extra fultz motivation. 

You couldn't ask for more stuff going our way. They're better than we are but a loss would be disappointing. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

We should given we're on 2 days rest, Philly had to play a close game last night, they won so they have no extra motivation, they had to travel, we're at home, our shooters are mostly no longer in their early season slump, Ross has no minute restriction anymore, we have extra fultz motivation. 

You couldn't ask for more stuff going our way. They're better than we are but a loss would be disappointing. 

Also, I believe Simmons and Embiid are both game time decisions

3 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I would play iwundu over aminu. The chief has been pathetic offensively. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I’m good with this analysis.  I’ll be watching tonight while I’m on a treadmill at the gym.  I hope it works out this way.  It could set the stage for getting the season back on track. 

5 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Probably doesn’t wanna get blocked by JI again

Hah true, would have liked to see him block a few of Embiids shots tonight.

Can't blame them for sitting him on back to backs though with his injury history. Will be very disappointed like I was with the Pacers game if we don't win this one.