Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Guys get signed and then traded later that season all of the time. 

Last year it was Trevor Ariza, MCW, DeAndre Jordan, stauskas, Jabari, among others

Oh sure I know it happens, circumstances change.  But how many of those guys were signed with the express purpose of being flipped soon after?  I suppose that's unknowable.

Some people here seem to assume that the Magic's plan is to trade some of the players they just signed.  I'm skeptical of that.  

3 hours ago, harley said:

Wonder if Knicks would give us Frank for a Bamba. 

I understand Bamba is sort of a disappointment and doesn't seem to have the motor we all have been hoping for, but I think it's too early to give up on him. He's aware of where he needs to improve, and I can see from game to game him working on it. 

Also, I see a lot of people saying let's trade Fournier, let's trade Vooch, Let's trade AG, etc.. However, change for change's sake isn't always the best strategy and hasn't worked out for us in the past. Remember what Hennigan did with Olidipo? The dude totally outsmarted himself. That said, I am ok with moving a guy; I like what Fultz4thewin said about Vooch for Hayward. I just ask, can we be on the winning side of the trade for once?

1 hour ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I understand Bamba is sort of a disappointment and doesn't seem to have the motor we all have been hoping for, but I think it's too early to give up on him. He's aware of where he needs to improve, and I can see from game to game him working on it. 

Also, I see a lot of people saying let's trade Fournier, let's trade Vooch, Let's trade AG, etc.. However, change for change's sake isn't always the best strategy and hasn't worked out for us in the past. Remember what Hennigan did with Olidipo? The dude totally outsmarted himself. That said, I am ok with moving a guy; I like what Fultz4thewin said about Vooch for Hayward. I just ask, can we be on the winning side of the trade for once?

We where when we got Fultz ...

2 hours ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

Been waiting for someone to bring those trades up. The Tobias trade was all about a power play between the coach and GM. Was the first time we all realized the rebuild was going fubar. The Oladipo trade is beyond description, almost every media outlet was scratching their heads the day it happened.The next day we all talked ourselves into it and the media wrote how it might work, but it was a mistake from day one and everyone knew it. I still think Henny did it as ***** you on the way out and to secure his old job back.

In other words, don't let former trades scare you.The NBA is a players league, you get them any way you can and you don't stop trying.I guess the most amazing thing about the rebuild is that Vooch and Fournier are still here.From day one most of the forum posters knew they were complimentary pieces on a playoff team.Not bad players, but not good enough to be foundation players. I was so sure Henny would trade them, now they each had two contracts, under two regimes!Shaking my damn Head!

TLDR; Change is good in the new NBA.

• Upvote 2

Not sure I've ever wanted a Magic player to go off as badly as I want Fultz to have a breakout against Philly this week.

14 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

The good news is if this season goes badly there's like 7 potential options at SG, 3 of which are high lotto guys

Can't wait until the time again when we draft guys and we really don't care who it is because we are set. It's hard every year getting a guy and then knowing we have to wait years for development. 

49 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Not sure I've ever wanted a Magic player to go off as badly as I want Fultz to have a breakout against Philly this week.

Maybe we've been limiting fultz's minutes so we can play him 40 minutes tomorrow

I’ve been a staunch supporter of Vooch, but he definitely has limitations and can’t be counted on for a bucket in crunch time therefore I hope the FO goes after a scorer. Otherwise we are stuck in the middle which is the worse place to be. Its time to cash in a big as we have plenty; anyone but JI.