Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

I for one am a bit perplexed with Bamba. When I watch him he seems to be slow reacting and has his hands down quite a bit. I would like to see more energy playing with more purpose. I like him rolling to the basket where DJ just throws it up to the rim. They had a good sequence of that last game. I’m still optimistic, but he’s far from being a starter just yet. 

31 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I for one am a bit perplexed with Bamba. When I watch him he seems to be slow reacting and has his hands down quite a bit. I would like to see more energy playing with more purpose. I like him rolling to the basket where DJ just throws it up to the rim. They had a good sequence of that last game. I’m still optimistic, but he’s far from being a starter just yet. 

This is what I said.  His reaction time to anything is very slow and troubling.  Whether its rebounding, switching, blocking, etc.   He needs to react faster to be able to use his length.  

2 hours ago, ~O~ said:

This is what I said.  His reaction time to anything is very slow and troubling.  Whether its rebounding, switching, blocking, etc.   He needs to react faster to be able to use his length.  

reaction cant be taught. It can be improved with better understanding of the game and plays, but you either have good reaction time or you dont. 

I'm gonna find it hilarious if this team takes a step back while taking on contracts that were at the least supposed to keep us at the same level. We better pray those contracts are movable or we a screwed lol. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I'm gonna find it hilarious if this team takes a step back while taking on contracts that were at the least supposed to keep us at the same level. We better pray those contracts are movable or we a screwed lol. 

Yep

1 hour ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I think we’re up **** creek without a paddle. Doomed for another 4 years of Vooch. 

• Downvote 1

15 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

Last night against the Pacers I was watching both Bamba and Vooch defend the paint. Both keep their hands down which is perplexing to me. On one play Bamba bent down like a giraffe will do when it needs to drink water and had his arms out as far as they would go. I get he was trying to take away the passing lane, but all he did was give away any height advantage he has while the offensive guy just shoots over him. I am curious as to how a center is supposed to play it. Do they keep their hands mid-level so they can either reach down or extend high if they need to block a shot (right-hand shooter, block with the left hand; left-hand shooter, block with the right hand)? Or, should they keep both hands high at all times? 

One theory I have on why Bamba and Vooch don't put a hand up is:

1) Hand down, the player driving in the paint will shoot the floater

2) Hand up, the driver in the paint will keep the ball and go under the extended arm for a layup and possible +1

Maybe Vooch and Bamba are instructed to wait and try and block the shot after the player commits and as you said, they (Bamba especially) are slow to react. Not good for us. 

2 hours ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

Last night against the Pacers I was watching both Bamba and Vooch defend the paint. Both keep their hands down which is perplexing to me. On one play Bamba bent down like a giraffe will do when it needs to drink water and had his arms out as far as they would go. I get he was trying to take away the passing lane, but all he did was give away any height advantage he has while the offensive guy just shoots over him. I am curious as to how a center is supposed to play it. Do they keep their hands mid-level so they can either reach down or extend high if they need to block a shot (right-hand shooter, block with the left hand; left-hand shooter, block with the right hand)? Or, should they keep both hands high at all times? 

One theory I have on why Bamba and Vooch don't put a hand up is:

1) Hand down, the player driving in the paint will shoot the floater

2) Hand up, the driver in the paint will keep the ball and go under the extended arm for a layup and possible +1

Maybe Vooch and Bamba are instructed to wait and try and block the shot after the player commits and as you said, they (Bamba especially) are slow to react. Not good for us. 

I don't know. Every center we play does this so I think it's taught that way to avoid picking up fouls. 

• Upvote 1

https://streamable.com/poqi2

Against the best defense in the league. Not even showing you the Siakam highlights, they are ridiculous. Pascal is a star, this  other guy came out of the g-league.Gets to the line, draws a foul. Our guy, clanks 3 pointers loses the ball on the way to the basket. Watch the highlights from this game if you want to see see real power forwards clown Dwight all night.

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

https://streamable.com/poqi2

Against the best defense in the league. Not even showing you the Siakam highlights, they are ridiculous. Pascal is a star, this  other guy came out of the g-league.Gets to the line, draws a foul. Our guy, clanks 3 pointers loses the ball on the way to the basket. Watch the highlights from this game if you want to see see real power forwards clown Dwight all night.

You really using one game samples to show a players value?