Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

We can't afford to make that trade. 

We also couldn't afford that next year. 

you mean tax or Hayward walking?

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Both. 

it matter your thoughts on Mo. I guess because I dont see DJ returning. I also think Fournier may opt out. Moe is they only risk we take, but he is not ready to start this year or next year. 

1 minute ago, LaVar said:

it matter you thoughts on Mo. I guess because I dont see DJ returning. I also think Fournier may opt out. 

Only a lengthy stay on the injury list would make Evan stay i think. If he plays well he will be 27 looking to sign one last big contract during his prime.

If he plays poorly, it probably means he lost his minutes and will be looking for a fresh start. If he has any major injuries, well then, rehabbing on a guaranteed 17 million is pretty nice.

I think Pop would want Fournier and Vooch. While I'm not a long-term fan of these players, I'd probably do a DeRozan/Aldridge for Fournier/Vooch trade. 

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I just don't know that the system needs tweaking. The refs need tweaking. 

Here's another one and beats Gordon's first call as worst offensive foul call I've ever seen. 

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised when they correctly rescinded JI's fifth foul the other night.

14 minutes ago, LaVar said:

it matter your thoughts on Mo. I guess because I dont see DJ returning. I also think Fournier may opt out. Moe is they only risk we take, but he is not ready to start this year or next year. 

I wouldn't want to risk anything substantial for Hayward given that there's a chance he walks next summer and Hayward is a good but not franchise changing player. 

This is less about "let's build around Hayward" and more about "let's get off of Vucevic's contract while not losing a long term piece and not downgrading our offensive talent while also maintaining future flexibility given he expires at the right time"

Yeah not a risk really.If we made that trade(the one 3 posts up) and he walked it would open up a bit of cap space and we would still have a dirt cheap bench player in Edwards. If Bamba turns out to be the next big thing, i guess it would look bad. We would still have Vooch and Birch. The important thing it would do is help Clifford and our forwards. The ball needs to be in Fultz's and Haywards hands to set up the other guys.I have thought we needed a forward with better handles to help take the load off DJ and Fournier the last few years. Let's face it guys, it's not Aaron.Isaac still has shot and Vooch has been ok, but we still ***** about buddy ball.

22 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I think Pop would want Fournier and Vooch. While I'm not a long-term fan of these players, I'd probably do a DeRozan/Aldridge for Fournier/Vooch trade. 

I'm sure Pop would think, why don't i trade the guy who just dropped 39 points for the slow white center and Half bald shooting guard who can't score.

I guess because they are younger and they shoot the 3 better?

18 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Yeah not a risk really.If we made that trade(the one 3 posts up) and he walked it would open up a bit of cap space and we would still have a dirt cheap bench player in Edwards. If Bamba turns out to be the next big thing, i guess it would look bad. We would still have Vooch and Birch. The important thing it would do is help Clifford and our forwards. The ball needs to be in Fultz's and Haywards hands to set up the other guys.I have thought we needed a forward with better handles to help take the load off DJ and Fournier the last few years. Let's face it guys, it's not Aaron.Isaac still has shot and Vooch has been ok, but we still ***** about buddy ball.

Why is keeping Vuc on an even more diminished offensive role seen as a good thing or the preferred option?

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I wouldn't want to risk anything substantial for Hayward given that there's a chance he walks next summer and Hayward is a good but not franchise changing player. 

This is less about "let's build around Hayward" and more about "let's get off of Vucevic's contract while not losing a long term piece and not downgrading our offensive talent while also maintaining future flexibility given he expires at the right time"

i have been consistent about liking Vuc. I like him as a piece for us. I like what he does and dont think his defense is as bad as advertised. I wanted to resign him and happy we did. I think we need to build on Vuc, Isaac, Gordon, Fultz, and ross. Outside of horrific shooting,  I do think some of the issue has been coaching.

In the half court, I think the coach could use fultz better. I think we have not continued to go to the hot hand on offense. example, gordon having like 19pt vs dallas in first half and we barely go to him in the second half. That is on the coach and play calls made. We should have had continued to attack with gordon. We need to continue to find our gamely miss matches and feed the hot hand. I think   Doncic does not go off in the second half if we dont allow him to rest by not attacking with gordon. It just common since. Feed the person who has been scoring and has the best match up. We fail at that so we fail to score and we fail to win. 

• Upvote 1