Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

57 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Jrue or JJ are good targets. Might not be super sexy but they’d lift this team. Given Boston’s great play, I don’t see Hayward being traded.

Thinking about it more, with the front office not being interested in Brandon Clarke I think we put more of a premium on length than I really thought. I don't see us having any interest in JJ (even though I don't really think he'd be a bad target if the price was right given he's not really a long term piece there). 

Hayward is playing well but they invested in Brown. If Hayward opts in they can't afford to keep him. If he opts out they can't afford to resign him. If they let him walk they still can't afford to sign anything more than an MLE type center. Their only other tradable piece is Smart and I think they value his overall team impact more than hayward's. 

Maybe they ask for some prohibitively high return which makes trades impossible but the facts remain. 

-Hayward, Tatum, and Brown have overlapping games

-they can't afford to keep all 3 guys going forward

-one of them is getting traded. Tatum is the heir apparent. Brown seemed like the logical piece to get moved until they basically maxed him (and if they signed him to shop him his deal would be more reasonable). That leaves Hayward. 

-they have the worst center rotation in the league. 

So the way I'm looking at things I have no idea if they'd be interested in a Hayward for Vucevic trade. I have no idea if we'd be interested in Hayward

But I'm pretty confident they're going to move Hayward.

We know from the past that they really like Vucevic. 

So that's the thought process. But I don't know. Maybe Indiana offers Turner and Warren and that becomes a more appealing deal for them. 

3 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I love that a vintage game for Russell is a game where he had 30 points but shot 38% from the field and 27% from 3 on crazy high 41% usage and his team lost by 17 points. 

I meant Hayward but okay. Lol

11 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I don't think Russell can play next to fultz. 

Thanks, 4thewin. I wanted to say something in opposition to what some are suggesting about trading for Russell. As I have mentioned so many times, the Warriors are my second favorite team. I had never seen this DLo play before he was traded to the Warriors, but in watching a few of their games, my opinion is he has a little Fournier and Gordon in him.

DLo has to have the ball in his hands, he plays hero ball, and although he can hit some 3's, like Fournier, he is a chucker.

As for the Gordon side of him, he dribbles out of control.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting that the Magic trade Aaron. I think he will get it together and be the scorer we know he can be.

And lastly, l-e-a-v-e DJ alone! Where is the Magic going to find a bench player who will fill that role better than DJ? Now, I am fine with DJ as the starter, at least for a few more months, but I have no problem with Clifford letting Fultz take the reigns as starting point guard to make sure what they have in him.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Thanks, 4thewin. I wanted to say something in opposition to what some are suggesting about trading for Russell. As I have mentioned so many times, the Warriors are my second favorite team. I had never seen this DLo play before he was traded to the Warriors, but in watching a few of their games, my opinion is he has a little Fournier and Gordon in him.

DLo has to have the ball in his hands, he plays hero ball, and although he can hit some 3's, like Fournier, he is a chucker.

As for the Gordon side of him, he dribbles out of control.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting that the Magic trade Aaron. I think he will get it together and be the scorer we know he can be.

And lastly, l-e-a-v-e DJ alone! Where is the Magic going to find a bench player who will fill that role better than DJ? Now, I am fine with DJ as the starter, at least for a few more months, but I have no problem with Clifford letting Fultz take the reigns as starting point guard to make sure what they have in him.  

Not saying he's killin it, but DJ leads our team in assists. Hopefully, Fultz's numbers will increase as the players get to know each other better, and he continues to assert himself. I have wondered if we should switch the roles of MCW and DJ coming off the bench. I think the pace of MCW as a PG may create openings for DJ, and since he is the superior shooter, that might create more points. I have also wondered about switching Fournier and MCW and giving JI a more prominent role in our starting offense. I am with you when it comes to AG. I think he may breakout. However, since he is sort of a bull in a china shop when he is taking it to the rim, I would like to see him vary his pace when he is working his way into the paint as Fultz does. That might create an advantage for him and also start getting him some of those officiating calls we are always perplexed about. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

Not saying he's killin it, but DJ leads our team in assists. Hopefully, Fultz's numbers will increase as the players get to know each other better, and he continues to assert himself. I have wondered if we should switch the roles of MCW and DJ coming off the bench. I think the pace of MCW as a PG may create openings for DJ, and since he is the superior shooter, that might create more points. I have also wondered about switching Fournier and MCW and giving JI a more prominent role in our starting offense. I am with you when it comes to AG. I think he may breakout. However, since he is sort of a bull in a china shop when he is taking it to the rim, I would like to see him vary his pace when he is working his way into the paint as Fultz does. That might create an advantage for him and also start getting him some of those officiating calls we are always perplexed about. 

I agree with all of the above. But, the statement I put in bold I agree with that 100%. DJ is an excellent shooter and one of our best 3 pt scorers. As you said, it would help if DJ and MCW could switch roles coming off the bench with MCW as the point guard. That would take some of the load off of DJ, allowing him a little more room to make shots.

I've noticed that defenders are playing him tight, not giving him the room to make the 3 pointers. DJ can make those shots that Ross use to make.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I just don't know that the system needs tweaking. The refs need tweaking. 

Here's another one and beats Gordon's first call as worst offensive foul call I've ever seen. 

They saw Bledsoe flop and still upheld it. Laughable....

10 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

It's gotten so bad. I usually give refs the benefit of the doubt because it's tough seeing things happen in real time and making calls based on that. So I understand when they miss things or get baited into calls and I'm impressed when you see these out of bounds calls where the ball bounces off three guys really quickly and they end up getting the call right when it just grazes off the last guys finger. 

But I really don't understand what they're doing with these replays I posted. Why do this? Is it out of protest? They can't be that bad. 

17 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

it is a joke. the refs are just trying to save face. It is getting to the point that New York will need to look at challenges because the court refs can not make unbiased decisions. You made a bad call. Do not make it worse buy doubling down on another bad decision. It comes down to pride sometimes. These refs need to be humbled. 

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

So the way I'm looking at things I have no idea if they'd be interested in a Hayward for Vucevic trade. I have no idea if we'd be interested in Hayward

But I'm pretty confident they're going to move Hayward.

We know from the past that they really like Vucevic. 

So that's the thought process. But I don't know. Maybe Indiana offers Turner and Warren and that becomes a more appealing deal for them. 

that would be a good trade for boston but I think turner and warren would be way too much. I think the pacers look at turner as a big big piece for them.