Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

1 hour ago, IrishCelticHater said:

Had another vintage game. Unless he regresses I doubt they move him until the offseason. Hope I’m wrong and we can get him though. 

I love that a vintage game for Russell is a game where he had 30 points but shot 38% from the field and 27% from 3 on crazy high 41% usage and his team lost by 17 points. 

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Here's a pretty good, objective example of why NBA refs are just horrible

https://streamable.com/scour

The challenge system in its current form is not something I care to keep as a fan.  So many holes with it right now.  And then you have an example like this where despite every opportunity to right a wrong, they still botch it; so Miami wastes a timeout and the fans have to sit through the review.  Steele and Turner brought up a good point in one of our recent games -- why is the ref who made the initial call involved in the review at all?  There are 2 other refs.  The one who called it is likely to be inherently biased to uphold the call so he/she doesn't look like an initial mistake was made.

21 minutes ago, ML6 said:

The challenge system in its current form is not something I care to keep as a fan.  So many holes with it right now.  And then you have an example like this where despite every opportunity to right a wrong, they still botch it; so Miami wastes a timeout and the fans have to sit through the review.  Steele and Turner brought up a good point in one of our recent games -- why is the ref who made the initial call involved in the review at all?  There are 2 other refs.  The one who called it is likely to be inherently biased to uphold the call so he/she doesn't look like an initial mistake was made.

Yeah, it needs to be improved on. They need to develop something similar to the NFL where if you win your first challenge you get another one, or all calls can be reviewed in the last 2 minutes or something like that. Wonder if AG’s “charge” the other night gets upheld (the one that obviously wasn’t, not the one that obviously was).

Jrue or JJ are good targets. Might not be super sexy but they’d lift this team. Given Boston’s great play, I don’t see Hayward being traded.

20 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Did they do the 2 min review for the Dallas game? You know after they say if it should of been a foul etc etc.. anybody know?

Yeah. They said both were fouls. 

57 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, it needs to be improved on. They need to develop something similar to the NFL where if you win your first challenge you get another one, or all calls can be reviewed in the last 2 minutes or something like that. Wonder if AG’s “charge” the other night gets upheld (the one that obviously wasn’t, not the one that obviously was).

I just don't know that the system needs tweaking. The refs need tweaking. 

Here's another one and beats Gordon's first call as worst offensive foul call I've ever seen.