Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Isn't Beal ineligible to be traded at this point due to him signing the extension with Washington? I'd love to have him, but don't think he'll be attainable. I think the players that will be shopped or could realistically be had include: Dinwiddie, Bogdanovic, Lavine, McCollum, Russell.

Of them, I'm not sure how confident I am that any would be significant enough upgrades over our current roster to make the trade due to chemistry issues and a need to integrate them into the offensive (and defensive for that matter) sets we use. I just am seeing a lot of talk about certain scorers who aren't living up to their reputations being shopped on forums is all, and am seeing some discontent amongst our fans with our slow offensive start. I am more in it for the speculation than I am actually advocating for a change.

Tonight’s game hasn’t even started and I’m already angry at the thought of watching Fournier and Vooch. I just can not for the life of me stomach them as Starters, I might check out for a while I think 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Yeah. Good consistent scorers are tough to find. 

You used to love Jrue. I think he's an interesting option. 

5 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

And what good team has their center as their best scorer? Maybe philly and that’s it. 

Nuggets (yeah, I get that Jokic isn't their top scorer right now; but he was last year when they dominated, which speaks to your point, since that's still modern NBA team, plus I suspect Jokic leads by the end of the year).

How many teams are considered good? 10? if so, that's 2 out of 10 whose likely top scorers are centers. 5 positions means that's about right. 12? Still pretty darn close. 16? Of the 16 playoff teams last year, the top PPG was a center for 3 of those teams: Philly, Orlando, and San Antonio. 3 out of 16 holds that pattern, close enough. Minnesota looks pretty good early riding KAT. AD could certainly be the starting C for the Lakers and they'd still be good. The idea that the NBA isn't friendly to high-scoring centers is just wrong. You can have plenty of success in the NBA with your top scorer as a Center, even today. It's different than it used to be, true. Modern 5's have to be mobile, be able to pass and shoot, and they must be able to competently switch without getting torched every time. Vuc is good for most of that, but he's inconsistent with scoring and defending (he's never particularly good at defending, but sometimes he's survivable with the massive defensive talent that we can surround him with).

I'm not a big Vuc fan. But Vuc has not been the problem early in the year. Yes, his %s need to improve. That's the whole team. Everyone is shooting like crap right now. If and when that changes, this team could go on a pretty big run. What's encouraging to me is that I haven't noticed the team as a whole getting lazy on defense when the shots aren't falling. That shows they know their identity is defense. That's exactly what I want to see.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

We have Fultz. What purpose would Jrue serve? 

Jrue is a SG. Fultz is a PG. I don't think Jrue would solve any of our problems, but that has nothing to do with Fultz, and everything to do with him being a 30-year-old small SG who isn't that good of a scorer anyway. My opinion, for the record, is that Beal signing that extension sucks really bad, as he would be perfect in Orlando, and if Washington had any brains they'd commit to a rebuild.

I was always under the  impression Jrue Holiday was a combo guard who was useful wherever he was put due to his length and defensive acumen?

I'm hoping Fultz is in a similar mold really (i've no idea about his length but his not a SMALL guard is he?) - I think having two of those wouldn't be the worst thing in the world would it?

1 minute ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

I was always under the  impression Jrue Holiday was a combo guard who was useful wherever he was put due to his length and defensive acumen?

I'm hoping Fultz is in a similar mold really (i've no idea about his length but his not a SMALL guard is he?) - I think having two of those wouldn't be the worst thing in the world would it?

Wouldn't be the worst thing ever. But I don't think he's worth the money for us.

26 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Jrue is a SG. Fultz is a PG. I don't think Jrue would solve any of our problems, but that has nothing to do with Fultz, and everything to do with him being a 30-year-old small SG who isn't that good of a scorer anyway. My opinion, for the record, is that Beal signing that extension sucks really bad, as he would be perfect in Orlando, and if Washington had any brains they'd commit to a rebuild.

Could of swore he played a majority of his minutes at PG especially before Ball came over. It's neither here nor there though because I agree he doesn't solve our problem. 

10 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Could of swore he played a majority of his minutes at PG especially before Ball came over. It's neither here nor there though because I agree he doesn't solve our problem. 

or pre-Rondo and definitely pre-out taking care of his wife