Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

14 minutes ago, JustBeCool said:

Maybe Chuma might be that consistent scorer (or 3 and D) guy we're looking for..

That's not really what they're talking about. They mean a guy who can consistently be a first option. 

14 hours ago, Bebop Meat Mop said:

Definitely understand the plan and am on board with it, but there have been some opportunities to add more offensively-skilled players over the past couple years around the margins, NAW being the most recent example.  If the choice of Okeke was driven by being hard-capped then that's fine, but this seemingly slavish devotion to stockpiling long defenders with developmental or limited offense is starting to seem a little self-defeating.  

When does it stop being an overreaction when a known problem from the previous year looks to be continuing?  15 games?  20?  And has everyone forgotten that much of the Magic's success in the second half of last year was driven by a very soft schedule?

Okeke isn't a creator but he's a polished offensive player who can shoot from outside and score in the interior.

2 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

CJ McCollum If Portland gets desperate? 

I don't see them blowing anything up unless they get blown out in the first round or something. 

33 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

That's not really what they're talking about. They mean a guy who can consistently be a first option. 

Sorry. It's hard to see that when names like JJ Reddick, CJ McCollum, Zach Lavine, and D'Angelo Russell are being thrown around. None of these guys are first option guys... 

I do get what they were talking about and was offering Chuma as that potential player. Since it would be a waste of time trading for the guys mentioned, we might as well waste time seeing if one of our players develop into this sought after "consistent scorer". 

Edited by JustBeCool
Didn't answer response

The only 2 players I could see taking us to the next step is CJ McCollum or Beal. AG and a 2020 first for either player in a heartbeat 

13 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

How bout Brandon ingraham he is lighting it up and he’s long? Lol but he is a rfa at end of the year. Maybe they would trade instead of having to match a max contract. 

That's actually something I thought about last night watching that game. Something to consider. 

6 minutes ago, harley said:

The only 2 players I could see taking us to the next step is CJ McCollum or Beal. AG and a 2020 first for either player in a heartbeat 

I'm not giving up assets for McCollum. He built up a reputation in 2017 that he hasn't really lived up to.