Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

A Positive look at our situation so far.. 

1. still very early in our season.
2. A record 2-4 still is competitive in the East.

3. We played A rough schedule to start the season with Milwaukee, Denver and Toronto. Those were expected losses in my opinion. Atlanta was a tough one but still we were on the game despite a horrible offensive game. 
4. Fultz has been a surprise so far. Very excited to see him in the starting line-up.

5. Ross has been struggling badly. I don't expect for that to continue. 

Negative: 

our schedule is going to get tougher. We need to prove ourselves with teams like Thunders and Dallas. We need to get to even before we face Philadelphia and Toronto again.

One statistical note: Fivethirtyeight's pre-season prediction for us really hasn't changed after these first few games. According to them, we still have a 75% chance of making the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Odin said:

We have played 6 games.

We have only lost one game that we really shouldn't have, against Atlanta. Toronto is likely in a similar range as us, and Denver and Milwaukee will likely be two of the best teams at the end of the year.

We really should win at least 3 of the next 4 games. We need to start scoring better. But the season is still early, and stuff can look weird.

Yes! I agree. Now, Dallas is playing really well. The thunders are always tough to beat at their home but we have done it in the past. 
we need to unleash Fultz. Stop giving the ball to Evan!!!!

4 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

Do you see us moving on from a big in order to get some offense?

I honestly see us testing AG  market. With Isaac, Okeke and Amino taking some of those minutes, he might be expandable next year.

17 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I honestly see us testing AG  market. With Isaac, Okeke and Amino taking some of those minutes, he might be expandable next year.

Maybe. 

But I wouldn't count aminu as a long term piece. I think he's an okeke placeholder who we're going to shop next summer. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

I don't see Gordon being shopped until Okeke is ready. That's a few years away. 

Unless of course a star want's to come here and moving Gordon is apart of getting him. 

30 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I don't see Gordon being shopped until Okeke is ready. That's a few years away. 

Unless of course a star want's to come here and moving Gordon is apart of getting him. 

I think it’d be situational as well. If a true scoring option was available, perhaps.  

First, this board is really overreacting at this stage of the season.

Second, I love the identity and core of our team (Fultz, Isaac and Gordon). 

As a small market team, the future of our team will not depend on free agency or trades but on player development. We need to be patient and draft high upside guys, which is what WeltHam have been doing. Do I think we’re legit contenders this year? No. Do I think we may have a future perennial all-star out of those three? I do.

Definitely understand the plan and am on board with it, but there have been some opportunities to add more offensively-skilled players over the past couple years around the margins, NAW being the most recent example.  If the choice of Okeke was driven by being hard-capped then that's fine, but this seemingly slavish devotion to stockpiling long defenders with developmental or limited offense is starting to seem a little self-defeating.  

When does it stop being an overreaction when a known problem from the previous year looks to be continuing?  15 games?  20?  And has everyone forgotten that much of the Magic's success in the second half of last year was driven by a very soft schedule?