Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

5 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Maybe you'll feel more at home watching Chicago and their group of players who just play offense. 

I prefer watching a team with an actual future. 

The roster isn’t entirely why Chicago is bad. And I’m sure you know that. They have bad coaching and also bad management. The culture there is toxic. 

1 minute ago, Gordon MVP said:

The roster isn’t entirely why Chicago is bad. And I’m sure you know that. They have bad coaching and also bad management. 

No. They're bad because they're building around players who are just alright offensive players but horrible defensive players. And no amount of competent two way role players are going to fix that. 

17 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

We’ve had obvious holes in this roster for a long long time. And drafting forwards that just play defense isn’t gonna solve the situation.

And like a previous poster said, we just can’t seem to admit mistakes. If not trading Vuc earlier was a mistake then we shouldn’t have resigned him and strapped our cash. Instead we doubled down on it. It’s starting to piss me off when we double down on mistakes hoping they pan out later to our favor. 

And getting butler isn’t the only reason miami is where they are. They’ve had the ability to be flexible with their decision making process and get rid of their bad/mistake contracts for the most part, they’ve drafted well with players in tune to this century’s nba, and they find undrafted gems. We can’t do any of the above and every year it’s the same excuse. 

This guy gets it. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Gordon MVP said:

We’ve had obvious holes in this roster for a long long time. And drafting forwards that just play defense isn’t gonna solve the situation.

And like a previous poster said, we just can’t seem to admit mistakes. If not trading Vuc earlier was a mistake then we shouldn’t have resigned him and strapped our cash. Instead we doubled down on it. It’s starting to piss me off when we double down on mistakes hoping they pan out later to our favor. 

And getting butler isn’t the only reason miami is where they are. They’ve had the ability to be flexible with their decision making process and get rid of their bad/mistake contracts for the most part, they’ve drafted well with players in tune to this century’s nba, and they find undrafted gems. We can’t do any of the above and every year it’s the same excuse. 

Is Milwaukee not in tune with today’s NBA?

I get being critical, but I think it’s obvious we’re molding the team with the same philosophy Milwaukee uses. Fultz, Isaac, Bamba— it might not work out, but the philosophy and logic of WeltHam is in tune with the modern NBA

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

This guy gets it. 

I'm not sure he does. 

Miami isn't being flexible. They've mortgaged their future to attempt to field a winning team because their GM is going to retire or die soon. The result of that process is missing the playoffs in two of the last 3 years and a current roster with a low ceiling. 

But yeah. Let's just keep being myopic because of what they're doing today. 

Where did all the Vuch is our only skilled offensive player posters go? There was a good portion here that was excited about his resigning and yet I haven't seen anything but people complaining about his contract.

Either a bunch of people left or a bunch of you are flip flopping to fit a popular narrative. 

1 hour ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Where did all the Vuch is our only skilled offensive player posters go? There was a good portion here that was excited about his resigning and yet I haven't seen anything but people complaining about his contract.

Either a bunch of people left or a bunch of you are flip flopping to fit a popular narrative. 

Without Vuc we’d be lucky to score 80 points a game

2 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I can honestly say I was never in that camp. Was happy to take a step back to go forward. I been watching Chuma Okeke highlights  today to make myself feel better. He actually looks ok, and can make a shot by the looks. Hes the luckiest young player on our roster, he gets to start playing after Fournier goes. Lucky bugger 

8 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

This was never a sleeper team. It's why I spent most of the last 4 months trying to set expectations lower. We're going to win somewhere between 38-44 games unless someone takes an unexpected step forward. 

This is a multi-year process of getting young guys in situations that matter so they're ready to win big later on. 

Good points. I can see that. We are a young team and with that comes inconsistency. Hopefully, that will steadily improve as the season wears on. I'm not trippin. Still excited about the team this year!

3 hours ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

Good points. I can see that. We are a young team and with that comes inconsistency. Hopefully, that will steadily improve as the season wears on. I'm not trippin. Still excited about the team this year!

Feels like people have been saying we’re a “young team” for about 8 years now.   Our starting lineup is all veteran players, the youngest of whom is Isaac in his third year.  The  bench has a couple of young players but Ross, Aminu, and MCW are all veterans.  So I’m seeing two young players out of our 10 man rotation.  

8 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Feels like people have been saying we’re a “young team” for about 8 years now.   Our starting lineup is all veteran players, the youngest of whom is Isaac in his third year.  The  bench has a couple of young players but Ross, Aminu, and MCW are all veterans.  So I’m seeing two young players out of our 10 man rotation.  

Yeah. We're not a young team. But our most important players are young. 

The vets who are struggling deserve criticism because they need to be more consistent. 

My point, which the above poster kind of missed, is that this roster isn't designed for contention. It's designed to create a style of play and keep a high floor for the short term. It's a roster designed to put the young players in situations where they develop habits in games that matter and learn how to win consistently. Vucevic, aminu, augustin, MCW, Fournier, and probably Ross aren't going to be on the team when we shift into the next stage of contention. 

Basically, this is all an exercise to get Isaac, fultz, Gordon, and (in theory) Bamba playoff reps. 

• Upvote 1