Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Meanwhile the heat just scored 60 points and there is 8 minutes left in the second quarter

this franchise is just totally mismanaged. I mean, the heat were able to give out bad contacts and still get to where they are right now. 

But Somehow it’s always us that can’t make moves and are strapped for cash.  Sick of the excuses 

• Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Meanwhile the heat just scored 60 points and there is 8 minutes left in the second quarter

this franchise is just totally mismanaged. I mean, the heat were able to give out bad contacts and still get to where they are right now. 

But Somehow it’s always us that can’t make moves and are strapped for cash.  Sick of the excuses 

This franchise isn't mismanaged at all. Jimmy Butler just decided he wanted to play in Miami

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

This franchise isn't mismanaged at all. Jimmy Butler just decided he wanted to play in Miami

Are there any decisions this management has failed on from your perspective?  If so, then why do you defend them 99.9% of the time?

1 minute ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Are there any decisions this management has failed on from your perspective?  If so, then why do you defend them 99.9% of the time?

Yeah, such as drafting Bamba? giving Vooch 100 millions? T Ross 60 million? not using our 2nd rounders? giving Amile jefferson (another power forward) 2 year contract. The list goes on. So lets have it?

3 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Management has been great. They've built a team with an identity and made good moves. We have multiple young players worth building around and others that are still too early to judge. 

I wouldn't have resigned Vucevic but I understand the idea of retaining an asset. If he's tradable (for non-negative assets) in the next year or two when it's time to resign fultz and Isaac then the deal was fine. 

5 minutes ago, harley said:

Yeah, such as drafting Bamba? giving Vooch 100 millions? T Ross 60 million? not using our 2nd rounders? giving Amile jefferson (another power forward) 2 year contract. The list goes on. So lets have it?

Drafting Bamba was a smart move at the time. It just hasn't worked out yet and might not. Thats the risk of drafting high upside guys. 

Vuc was keeping an asset. I would have been fine taking a step back. But it's only bad if he's not tradable in the future. 

Ross is getting paid 50 million, not 60. That's appropriate. He's getting paid like Corey Joseph Will Barton and Patty Mills. 

Amile Jefferson isn't a real roster addition and he's not a power forward. He's a fake player to get us to 14 players. We're going to cut him soon. Then two weeks later we're going to resign him again. I think it's dumb that he's our two way guy because he's not young and doesn't fit what we want in a player but if our two way players are a major complaint I think we're in pretty good shape. 

We have a team that has just made too many mistakes and refused to fix them.Philly,Houston,Rockets,Thunder,Heat and Indiana just refuse to live with mistakes.

It's ok, it's just not our time, but this team will be fun to watch when they start hitting shots. I think people just realize this is not a sleeper team. It's just our team. I hope we play well the rest of the year, and i hope management will surprise us.

Just now, hootie249 said:

We have a team that has just made too many mistakes and refused to fix them.Philly,Houston,Rockets,Thunder,Heat and Indiana just refuse to live with mistakes.

It's ok, it's just not our time, but this team will be fun to watch when they start hitting shots. I think people just realize this is not a sleeper team. It's just our team. I hope we play well the rest of the year, and i hope management will surprise us.

This was never a sleeper team. It's why I spent most of the last 4 months trying to set expectations lower. We're going to win somewhere between 38-44 games unless someone takes an unexpected step forward. 

This is a multi-year process of getting young guys in situations that matter so they're ready to win big later on. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

We’ve had obvious holes in this roster for a long long time. And drafting forwards that just play defense isn’t gonna solve the situation.

And like a previous poster said, we just can’t seem to admit mistakes. If not trading Vuc earlier was a mistake then we shouldn’t have resigned him and strapped our cash. Instead we doubled down on it. It’s starting to piss me off when we double down on mistakes hoping they pan out later to our favor. 

And getting butler isn’t the only reason miami is where they are. They’ve had the ability to be flexible with their decision making process and get rid of their bad/mistake contracts for the most part, they’ve drafted well with players in tune to this century’s nba, and they find undrafted gems. We can’t do any of the above and every year it’s the same excuse. 

Just now, Gordon MVP said:

We’ve had obvious holes in this roster for a long long time. And drafting forwards that just play defense isn’t gonna solve the situation.

And like a previous poster said, we just can’t seem to admit mistakes. If not trading Vuc earlier was a mistake then we shouldn’t have resigned him and strapped our cash. Instead we doubled down on it. It’s starting to piss me off when we double down on mistakes hoping they pan out later to our favor. 

Maybe you'll feel more at home watching Chicago and their group of players who just play offense. 

I prefer watching a team with an actual future.