Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Apparently we're doing this like this because we have several players who have incentive based contracts that are pushing us near the hard cap. The incentives are unlikely (as a lot of them are built around all NBA teams and finals appearances so we won't pay them) but the hard cap counts them while the salary cap calculation doesn't. 

41 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

This is the fake move we're making to satisfy the 14th player rule. At some point in the near future we're going to cut him, run with 13 for another few weeks, then sign him again

This was discussed before but I guess I didn't understand it fully. How can we cut a guaranteed contract and then resign the guy? Is it another guaranteed contract? Why multiple years if fake? Why is this a rule if it can be so easily manipulated? How does this benefit Jefferson?

15 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

This was discussed before but I guess I didn't understand it fully. How can we cut a guaranteed contract and then resign the guy? Is it another guaranteed contract? Why multiple years if fake? Why is this a rule if it can be so easily manipulated? How does this benefit Jefferson?

It's not a guaranteed contract. It's a non guaranteed contract which will count against our cap for the pro-rated amount for however many days he's here. 

Jefferson gets money every day he's on the roster. That's nice for him. 

Two years I don't know about. Maybe as an incentive in case he plays well enough that we're afraid to cut him. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

If we get mozgov removed this won't be an issue. 

Also this situation explains the okeke situation. We can't afford him. 

That's a bit concerning. Doesn't seem like good cap management. 

I wonder if they just got lucky with Okeke or if they had the forethought of "we are up against the cap let's draft the guy who is injured but is falling so we don't have to actually pay him."

13 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Could be fixed by finding Evan a new home.

Lets trade the whole team to Golden State for their whole team, oh wait, never mind!

Edit. The Magic scored the same points tonight as Golden State! The current starting line-up on the Warriors earns less then 8 million this year, in total!

• Like 1

The main difference between this year and last year is just making vs missing open shots. 

We were 10th in eFG% in open shots last year. We're 30th this year. 

Ross, Vucevic, and Fournier are the main culprits. They'll get there. 

We're getting good shots. Just need to hit them.