Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

2 hours ago, Catalina Maria said:

Must be multiple personalities. 

Ha! Reminds me of a time when someone thought that I was Jareth C ... just because we share same initials hahaha oh Jareth! wonder where he's at ...

17 minutes ago, Johnny Castaway said:

Ha! Reminds me of a time when someone thought that I was Jareth C ... just because we share same initials hahaha oh Jareth! wonder where he's at ...

Mmmmm. 

• Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Johnny Castaway said:

Twitter

Here's a youtube of Clifford's pregame comments before the game tonight against the Knicks. I put it in the regular season thread because his comments probably apply more to the team in general rather than tonights game.

One thing he said that I find interesting and have been asking about is what are our guys doing in the summer? Clifford basically said that guys will work on something over the summer and then when they come back the coaches will say no don't do that, that's not the best thing to do. He said it's a very fine line, and I think that could be why some players are a little behind because they are trying to learn what the coaches want them to do. This sort of confuses me because I am pretty sure that the coaches will let the players know what they should be working on over the summer. Is it our coaches are not very good communicators, our players aren't very good listeners, or did the players deviate from the plan because they are getting bad advice from their camp?

There are some other comments about playing styles, etc. that may explain some things, too. Overall, I think it's a good listen and puts things in perspective about where we are right now as a team. 

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

We should trade for D'Angelo Russell, whenever he's eligible to be traded. The Warriors may want to tank this season after Curry's injury

No. 

We can trade for him if fultz is terrible but if fultz is a piece we're building around they can't play together because their responsibilities overlap too much. 

Also there's signs that last year for him was an outlier contact year. Last year was fueled by crazy high efficiency on mid-range shots. Those shots are high variance for everyone but mvp caliber guys (and CJ McCollum). So if last year was an outlier he's no longer really worth being a number one guy. And he's on a rookie max contract. 

It's just a really bad idea.