Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I get the Bamba concern

And Gordon has to be the number 1 concern. 

But why aminu? He's been great

I watched the whole hawks game, and he seemed 

- slow

- uneffective (missed everything he shot, including 1 of the 2 fts we missed AS A TEAM)

- disoriented with the pick n roll we were proposing on offense, it was like he didnt know where to stand on our offense

7 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

- slow

- uneffective (missed everything he shot, including 1 of the 2 fts we missed AS A TEAM)

- disoriented with the pick n roll we were proposing on offense, it was like he didnt know where to stand on our offense

He's been a really positive impact player though. Good things happen when he's on the court. 

40 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

- slow

I thought he was also a culprit with some of our rebounding woes, where he watched the ball instead of boxing out.

Whenever he drives, he becomes a black hole where the only possible outcomes are a crazy layup made, a crazy layup missed or a charge— I can’t recall him ever passing out once the defense collapses. 

He’s a good player who contributes a lot on defense while also hitting the three at a decent clip, but he also seems like a player that will perpetually annoy me when I watch lol. 

• Upvote 1

I just read some of your posts as far back as 6 hours ago.

Shame on some of you wishing things happen to DJ--good or bad. As you have said, it is important for a team to have a good point guard who is a good floor general and not to mention a good locker room guy. DJ may not be a top 5 or 10 point guard in the league, but he has helped the Magic to start turning things around.

Since EP left, DJ has played hard and helped to keep this team focused. As I said last year when the Magic had lost a lead in some games, DJ walked the ball up the court, and he had a look in his eyes as to say, "calm down fellows, we can do this."

I am shocked and disappointed in your mindset. I know you are eager for Fultz to become the starter, but you don't want to rush things. It might end up being too much pressure on the young fellow.

I think coach Clifford is handling it very well and experimenting as to when to bring Fultz into the game. (You have to bring him along slowly).

Btw, DJ is a veteran who does his job and does not complain. I think he is a good role model for Fultz.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I just read some of your posts as far back as 6 hours ago.

Shame on some of you wishing things happen to DJ--good or bad. As you have said, it is important for a team to have a good point guard who is a good floor general and not to mention a good locker room guy. DJ may not be a top 5 or 10 point guard in the league, but he has helped the Magic to start turning things around.

Since EP left, DJ has played hard and helped to keep this team focused. As I said last year when the Magic had lost a lead in some games, DJ walked the ball up the court, and he had a look in his eyes as to say, "calm down fellows, we can do this."

I am shocked and disappointed in your mindset. I know you are eager for Fultz to become the starter, but you don't want to rush things. It might end up being too much pressure on the young fellow.

I think coach Clifford is handling it very well and experimenting as to when to bring Fultz into the game. (You have to bring him along slowly).

Btw, DJ is a veteran who does his job and does not complain. I think he is a good role model for Fultz.

Oh relax...nobody truly wants anything bad to happen to DJ

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

The answer to our all of our problems is a stupidly easy fix. 

The starting lineup has been garbage

Fultz-mcw lineups have been bad. 

Fultz with the starters has been fantastic on both sides of the ball. 109.3 offensive rating 88.1 defensive rating in 20 minutes. 

Augustin-mcw lineups have been great. 

Flipping augustin and fultz fixes things. 

I was just coming here to post this.

I dont understand todays NBA where a defender jumps out to the upper inside side of  a player and allows the player to drive forward and past them. I understand the idea is to get your body ahead of the pick, but dj augustin and even MCW do it all the time and and players like trae young and lowry continually blow past our players and to the rim.

I understand the idea is also to funnel them to an interior defender, but it almost never works.

A fultz, fournier, isaac, gordon and (Insert any center) is the best lineup

MCW and Augustin are great together, and add ross and aminu and (any center) and it works great

Also Isaac at center is actually a viable lineup... Fultz, Fournier, Gordon, Ross and Isaac (at center) allows gordon to play the 4 and in last nights game where gordon took gasol and isaac took siakim worked great.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

I was just coming here to post this.

I dont understand todays NBA where a defender jumps out to the upper inside side of  a player and allows the player to drive forward and past them. I understand the idea is to get your body ahead of the pick, but dj augustin and even MCW do it all the time and and players like trae young and lowry continually blow past our players and to the rim.

I understand the idea is also to funnel them to an interior defender, but it almost never works.

A fultz, fournier, isaac, gordon and (Insert any center) is the best lineup

MCW and Augustin are great together, and add ross and aminu and (any center) and it works great

Also Isaac at center is actually a viable lineup... Fultz, Fournier, Gordon, Ross and Isaac (at center) allows gordon to play the 4 and in last nights game where gordon took gasol and isaac took siakim worked great.

We've played 4 different pick and roll coverages this year. I think we're just trying to get game reps doing everything so we have options later on in the year. 

I know it’s very early in the season but I think losing at home to the Knicks tomorrow would start to create some real concern. 

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I know it’s very early in the season but I think losing at home to the Knicks tomorrow would start to create some real concern. 

Agreed, let’s not do that..

7 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Coach Cliff said over the summer that there wouldn't be a major overhaul on the system just some tweaks. However, maybe our guys are still not comfortable with the new tweaks. Has anyone seen anything different? To my untrained eye, it looks like we are playing Vooch differently. Last year we passed it down low to him on the block. This year, he is outside behind the 3.