Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

10 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Yes, wanting one of our important rotation players to be hurt seems pretty dumb

That's why I qualified it as a minor day-to-day type injury, but point taken. How about food poisoning or missing 2-3 games for personal reasons?

7 minutes ago, magicblue said:

That's why I qualified it as a minor day-to-day type injury, but point taken. How about food poisoning or missing 2-3 games for personal reasons?

Nah, the moral thing is to hope for something positive to happen which takes him out of 2-3 games. 

2 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Nah, the moral thing is to hope for something positive to happen which takes him out of 2-3 games. 

Okay. His wife gives birth to twin baby girls and he misses a 3 game road trip

1 hour ago, JustBeCool said:

I think Coach Cliff will start Fultz if DJ isn't working out. He wasn't afraid to close the game with Fultz the other night, that has to be a good sign right?

I think with what we've seen it is just a matter of time until Fultz starts. He brought him off the bench really early, and like you said he's already using him to close the game. 

1 hour ago, JustBeCool said:

I think Coach Cliff will start Fultz if DJ isn't working out. He wasn't afraid to close the game with Fultz the other night, that has to be a good sign right?

I think so. I am sure our guys know where they stand and if they are getting it done or not. Coach Cliff has shown patience, but he also seems willing to adjust things if he has to. I believe he will give Bamba a little extra time to see if he can receive coaching and tighten up his porous defense; however, if he can’t and ends up being a major defensive liability we may see more of Birch. Coach seems patient when it comes to offense, but if we aren’t playing defense he’s gonna eventually go ballistic, if he hasn’t already, lol.

I mean we haven’t given up a large number of points in either game, to be fair.  After the Atlanta game, Clifford had two concerns:

1.  Missing large numbers of open shots

2.  Allowing Atlanta some second chance points on blown defensive rebounds.  

So I guess the second concern could include Bamba.  

21 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I mean we haven’t given up a large number of points in either game, to be fair.  After the Atlanta game, Clifford had two concerns:

1.  Missing large numbers of open shots

2.  Allowing Atlanta some second chance points on blown defensive rebounds.  

So I guess the second concern could include Bamba.  

We're a DJ augustin bad defensive stretch away from being a crazy elite defense. 

Just now, alwaystragic said:

Bamba, aminu and the lack of a breakout by gordon seem to be the most pressing concerns after the first couple of games

lets see how it goes from here

I get the Bamba concern

And Gordon has to be the number 1 concern. 

But why aminu? He's been great

• Like 1