Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Worst part about this loss is that I can’t tell my tennis buddies, who mostly don’t follow the Magic, that we’re undefeated anymore.  

Fultz has been our best player through two games. 

If you told me I'd be saying that less than a week into the season I'd have thought I'd be a lot happier. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I know we like to think that by playing Birch we'll recapture the magic of late last season. 

But Bamba has played in 4 stretches so far this year and we've only been outscored once by 1 point during those 4 stretches. 

My point isn't "actually guys, Bamba is actually good" because he wasn't last night. But the problems aren't coming from him. They're coming from the starters. 

Just now, Fultz4thewin said:

I know we like to think that by playing Birch we'll recapture the magic of late last season. 

But Bamba has played in 4 stretches so far this year and we've only been outscored once by 1 point during those 4 stretches. 

My point isn't "actually guys, Bamba is actually good" because he wasn't last night. But the problems aren't coming from him. They're coming from the starters. 

The starters and Ross. Yeah 

39 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Last year it was the bench. This year it's the starters. I hate this team!

Seriously though last night we just looked so slow. The offense looked tight and lacked a "just go out there and do what you do" feel. For as much as we praised the consistency of our roster it sure does look like the players and coaches are trying to figure out how to play together.  

Ok I just stumbled into something. 

So Fournier is averaging close to 20 ppg so I was hesitant to give him criticism. 

However when Fournier is on the bench for 38 minutes now this season we're outscoring opponents 78-51. That's a pretty huge gap for two games. 

12 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Ok I just stumbled into something. 

So Fournier is averaging close to 20 ppg so I was hesitant to give him criticism. 

However when Fournier is on the bench for 38 minutes now this season we're outscoring opponents 78-51. That's a pretty huge gap for two games. 

Everybody plays significantly better when Fournier is out of the game. 

Fournier isn't a negative on defense when augustin is on the bench. 

The single biggest reason we're playing poorly is the augustin-Fournier backcourt. It's imperative that we split them up

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Everybody plays significantly better when Fournier is out of the game. 

Fournier isn't a negative on defense when augustin is on the bench. 

The single biggest reason we're playing poorly is the augustin-Fournier backcourt. It's imperative that we split them up

Simple solution. Start Fultz and bring DJ off the bench. Then sub in MCW for Fournier since we apparently have to play him 

14 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Simple solution. Start Fultz and bring DJ off the bench. Then sub in MCW for Fournier since we apparently have to play him 

MCW almost single-handedly won us that game last night 

• Upvote 1