Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Yes. This is a big worry for teams. I think they're talking about a 6 million reduction in cap figures but I don't remember the exact number

That should increase the likelihood. This would open up money for a team that’s finally in a position where they’re willing to pay that wouldn’t be there otherwise 

37 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Don’t get too excited; they don’t play until tomorrow 

Oh.  I guess I was wrong.  

7 minutes ago, magicblue said:

No, just a little early

No.  I was wrong and early.  I was on NBA's website and there were 9 games today.  I over scrolled right and thought the Magic played today instead of Saturday.  

Hey guys, Jake Layman is a 6 foot 8 forward who just scored 12 points on 4 of 9 three's coming off the bench for the Timberwolves.

They picked him up as a free agent from Portland for 1/3 of what we paid Aminu for 3 years.

He was also drafted by the Magic 4 years ago.  Why do all of our guys have to be defensive long boys. Couldn't we at least try to sign some guys who can shoot?

It would be great to have a Joe Harris, Shamet or a Layman on the roster. You know, a few guys who can shoot who are cheap and come into the league as shooters not projects. 

Still excited about the team, just after seeing us score only 95 and watching the rest of the league makes me jealous.

6 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Hey guys, Jake Layman is a 6 foot 8 forward who just scored 12 points on 4 of 9 three's coming off the bench for the Timberwolves.

They picked him up as a free agent from Portland for 1/3 of what we paid Aminu for 3 years.

He was also drafted by the Magic 4 years ago.  Why do all of our guys have to be defensive long boys. Couldn't we at least try to sign some guys who can shoot?

It would be great to have a Joe Harris, Shamet or a Layman on the roster. You know, a few guys who can shoot who are cheap and come into the league as shooters not projects. 

Still excited about the team, just after seeing us score only 95 and watching the rest of the league makes me jealous.

I mean, Layman’s best shooting percentage from three in his career was 32.6%. All four years Aminu played in Portland, he shot better than Layman’s career best 32.6%. Based off of the evidence we currently have, Aminu’s a better shooter than Layman. 

I’m not some expert on Layman or anything, but I think it’s fair to assume that Aminu brings more value defensively as well.

There’s just not a lot of long forwards who can shoot. Relative to the niche we’re talking about, I think it’s fair to call Aminu a long boi that can shoot off of his recent shooting performances.

Also, can Joe Harris really be considered in this conversation of long combo forwards? Harris is 6’6, with a wingspan of 6’6. That’s not really that long, relative to Isaac, Aminu, and Gordon for that matter.

I get the argument you’re trying to make, but using a Aminu vs Layman comp isn’t really the way to do it. 

I’d also argue that Iwundu is a success in regards to long wings that can shoot— he’s a 6’7 guard with a 7’1 wingspan that shot at a 36.7% clip from three last year. He’s a legitimate long wing who can shoot, that’s on the roster 

I just looked at the scores the last two days and watched a few  games and i used him as an easy example.I could have put many names out there.

Coby White has played 2 games in his career and scored 25 tonight with some great advanced numbers.Bulls already had a ton of guards but still drafted White.

When will Fultz score 25? 

Small sample size but i'm still a bit peeved we blew our load on a defense first, combo forward. Yes we needed a back-up forward, but we had a few of those guys already.

Just shaking my damn head sometimes.