Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

12 hours ago, ~O~ said:

The Clippers are the scariest defense in the league.  Mo Harkless being their fourth best defender says enough for me.  Their scorers are two way defenders.  George and Leonard play both ends.  Kawhi Leonard is known to wear players down so there's no way anyone in the west or east can deal with him in a series.  Patrick Beverly is the most annoying defender in the league.  They will wear teams down in the playoffs.  Just by defense alone.  

Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, Stephen Curry, Joel Embiid, and Giannis Antetokounmpo have been the leagues best players since 2016.  Everything else has been a a deception for the sake of incentives.  

I'm excited about Dallas with Doncic and Porzingis.  

First, I think you leaving Lebron out of your top 5 is crazy. I am not a Lebron fan, by any stretch of the imagination, but seriously both Leonard and Embiid have missed way too much time "since 2016" to knock him out of that group. Does Lebron play top defense, no, not like he used to. Does he pick and choose his spots more, yes. Is he still, night in and night out, one of the toughest players in the league to play against on both ends, absolutely. If I had to pick a top 5 "since 2016", I would have to go with Durant, James, Curry, Antetokounmpo, and either Paul George or James Harden. I think with injuries taken into account, this list has to change on a yearly basis. Having said that, my top 5 for this year, in no particular order would have to be - Anthony Davis, Lebron James, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Stephen Curry, and Joel Embiid. Obviously, Durant is going to miss most of this season, so that takes him off my list for this year. I think the Davis/James team-up just makes them both tougher to play against, as you have less help available on either. 

Hi guys, I'm going to my first game in 12 years to see us play the Knicks. Does anyone have a guess as to what popcorn and nachos cost in the stadium?  Wanna make sure I budget accordingly. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Hi guys, I'm going to my first game in 12 years to see us play the Knicks. Does anyone have a guess as to what popcorn and nachos cost in the stadium?  Wanna make sure I budget accordingly. 

Here's what I can find

The concessions at Amway Center are impressive – a giant plate of nachos runs $10, drinks range from $4.50 for a regular soda to $8 for a large, and beer ranges from $7.50 to $8.50, a fair price for any sporting facility. Perhaps the deal of the night, however, are the combos, where you can get a cheeseburger, fries, and regular soda for $14. The quality of the food items is also top notch, with mouth-watering options on display at every turn.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Here's what I can find

The concessions at Amway Center are impressive – a giant plate of nachos runs $10, drinks range from $4.50 for a regular soda to $8 for a large, and beer ranges from $7.50 to $8.50, a fair price for any sporting facility. Perhaps the deal of the night, however, are the combos, where you can get a cheeseburger, fries, and regular soda for $14. The quality of the food items is also top notch, with mouth-watering options on display at every turn.

A plate of nachos sounds different than movie theater nachos if I'm not mistaken??

14 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

A plate of nachos sounds different than movie theater nachos if I'm not mistaken??

Yeah. I think there's multiple styles of nachos

• Like 1

I must say it's nice to not have deeply ingrained anxiety about having a team that is expected to perform horribly. I am a relaxed sports fan coming into this season. I don't even have incredibly absurd expectations, it just doesn't seem like the lay of the land in the NBA right now makes it look like that many teams are "yep chalk this one in as a loss". I hope our team has kicked that previously mentioned habit of playing down to poor competition and that we look as tough as we should be each night out.

43 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

I must say it's nice to not have deeply ingrained anxiety about having a team that is expected to perform horribly. I am a relaxed sports fan coming into this season. I don't even have incredibly absurd expectations, it just doesn't seem like the lay of the land in the NBA right now makes it look like that many teams are "yep chalk this one in as a loss". I hope our team has kicked that previously mentioned habit of playing down to poor competition and that we look as tough as we should be each night out.

Yeah. It's a nice feeling