LaVar

Fultz: Heart to Heart

its-about-to-go-down.jpg.ec0528574839ea4084af0e99f2773812.jpg

(With my best Kevin Heart Voice, but dead serious.)

Fultz let us reason...

You are too good of a player. I rather you go 1 for 15 shooting. Shooting every open shot you get, than for you to pass up another open shot... The next time Trae Young or any player stands at the free throw line, about 5 feet away, your better pull that freakin trigger, or if I'm the coach, I am benching you. 

2121036743_download(2).jpg.66b4ba694cad145fc3596287f53405ee.jpg

Don't let people disrespect you like that... You are a pro Fultz. You are too hard of a worker. You need to trust your game. You hear me. Remember you said kill everyone. Not me. Show them 23.2 ppg, .41% 3p%, 47% fg%. Dont piss me off. Kill everyone. Remember, who you are. Number one pick in the draft... straight up baller. You have been shooting your whole life. Dont play with me.

gettyimages-510110586.jpg.e4d806c8df3a380c7747fcf85ebf3623.jpg

I am not a pro - nowhere near one. I did not play in college. I did not train all summer. I did not work with shooting coaches. I did not put the work in you did. I did not harbor, for 2 years all the doubters and naysayers. But you know what, I am taking that open shot. I am making that open that shot, because that is what I do. And, IF I miss and I am open again. Smoke and fire, I am gunning.  I promise you that, why, because I am freakin open. I am gunning all day long and I wish a n@#$%a would say something. Especially in pre freakin season. What in the hell are you doing Fultz? It is preseason. Get your rhyme. Jake up shots. (Particularly, after you initiated the offense and the ball swings your way again.) YOU BETTER take that shot - hands down...  man down... Kill everyone....

Fultz. I need you to trust your work. I need you to trust the countless shoots you have taken. I need you to be a little selfish during preseason, because in the long run, it is better for the team. If you start hitting your shot. There is no stopping us in the east. The Pacers, the Heat, the Pistons, the clawless Raptors, and the Durantless Nets, can all kick rocks and go home this spring. But it starts now... today.... Not tomorrow... not next year.... right the HELL now.... With your shot.

One shot at a time, one game at time, one minute at a time. I have faith in you... You are too dang good.

1069906415_hOLDUP.jpg.69fdb788aa6d9142e8216b9d9875daa7.jpg

Now if you go 1 for 50... Do not ever take another shot in your life, BUT I bet you hit more than that today. You have my permission in the PRESEASON to gun.... You can tell the coach, I gave you permission.

Kevin-Hart-550px-5.jpg.3dd26533233eca48d9679a2638e30342.jpg

Now go be Magic....  

download (3).jpg

We watchin... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

In this thread, I plan on following fultz's progression. He did a great job being more aggressive with is drives. He even took an open shot vs the pistons as well. I personally appreciated it. 

In the preseason game vs the 76ers, Fultz was very very good. He had his best game yet. He took a nice mid range shot after a pick and showed great ability to absorb contact and finish in traffic. I want him to have the same energy and mentality verse other teams other than the 76ers. 

Outside of Vuc and Ross, Fultz maybe the most important future player for the magic. The team's greatest weakness is scoring in the half court and getting buckets vs great defense. Fultz ability to score in the lane and create offense will be key for the team in the future. His importance was amplified with the absence of Vuc and ross last game. He seemed to be only only person able to challenge in the paint and score in the half court. (Chief did well too.) All the other players seem to take quick jump shots and not attack at all. 

For the last preseason game, Fultz did a nice job playing defense and had a couple of good passes. He even stepped into a three and had balance and rhyme. He still missed the shot, but at least he did not hesitate.  I was a little upset that he only played 18 mins and he was not as aggressive as he was verses the 76ers. I do not know if that was coaching or play calling, but it was not the same fultz as before. I dont want to see him regress at all.  I thought the lack of playing time was a coaching mistake. He needed as much time a possible in the preseason. He sat out all of summer league and only played a career 33 real nba games. He is not really ready for the big show. You can see it with the turnovers and lack of confidence in the shot.

I love MCW game, but Fultz is a need for this team's future. I don't know if the Fultz/MCW lineup will work. I want it to work , but there is just not enough shooting on the court. The two play similar games. They have size, the can guard multiple positions, they push the ball, they defend, and they get into the lane. MCW is a better defender overall, but Fultz is better in the mid range and is more athletic. They are a very good defensive lineup, but they were 0 for 13 from three. That will not cut it during the season.

No more live game practices for Fultz. It counts from here on. Bad or good, strap in for the ride. Game 34 coming up. 

• Upvote 2

On 10/19/2019 at 3:15 PM, LaVar said:

For the last preseason game, Fultz did a nice job playing defense and had a couple of good passes. He even stepped into a three and had balance and rhyme. He still missed the shot, but at least he did not hesitate.  I was a little upset that he only played 18 mins and he was not as aggressive as he was verses the 76ers. I do not know if that was coaching or play calling, but it was not the same fultz as before. I dont want to see him regress at all.  I thought the lack of playing time was a coaching mistake. He needed as much time a possible in the preseason. He sat out all of summer league and only played a career 33 real nba games. He is not really ready for the big show. You can see it with the turnovers and lack of confidence in the shot.

I love MCW game, but Fultz is a need for this team's future. I don't know if the Fultz/MCW lineup will work. I want it to work , but there is just not enough shooting on the court. The two play similar games. They have size, the can guard multiple positions, they push the ball, they defend, and they get into the lane. MCW is a better defender overall, but Fultz is better in the mid range and is more athletic. They are a very good defensive lineup, but they were 0 for 13 from three. That will not cut it during the season.

No more live game practices for Fultz. It counts from here on. Bad or good, strap in for the ride. Game 34 coming up. 

Well said.

game 34: It was a very good game for fultz. It was against the cav, so not verse a great team, but the game was promising. I really liked the first half, but the second half was only ok. I loved the fact he took the open shots. I think they will fall soon. I liked the playmaking and finishing at the rim. It was nice to see.  He is current the best on the team at creating offense. I think, when he is in, we need to continue do more pick and roll with him.

On 10/24/2019 at 11:42 PM, LaVar said:

game 34: It was a very good game for fultz. It was against the cav, so not verse a great team, but the game was promising. I really liked the first half, but the second half was only ok. I loved the fact he took the open shots. I think they will fall soon. I liked the playmaking and finishing at the rim. It was nice to see.  He is current the best on the team at creating offense. I think, when he is in, we need to continue do more pick and roll with him. (Deleted)

After watching the game 2 more times, I recanted my comment on Clifford not doing enough pick and roll with fultz  (in the second half). We did continue to do it. As fultz gets more and more minutes, he will be a major impact player. He is just getting his feet wet. 

Game 35: hawks: My prayers have been answered. Fultz consistency stepped up and took shots. You miss 100% of the shots you do not take. He took some and made some. It was a nice beginning. especial if players are not even going to be with in 5 feet. You have to take that shot. He had a few nice passes. He hit two 3pt shots and was aggressive when open. I want to see him more in pick and roll when the team cant score. I also thought the coach could have posted him up vs young. I thought that was a missed opportunity. He did not take it to the basket much, because players sagged so far in the lane. That is why it was important that he takes his open shots or it will get worse. 

One thing for sure, MCW showed he also needs to be on the court. I am leaning towards starting fultz so that MCW can run the second team. MCW is a difference maker. He was a big part of our run last year and his energy and defense is important. MCW and DJ also played well together. 

Game 36: Raptors: Fultz has almost taken more 3s in 3 games than in the 33 games he played over 2 seasons.  This shows me that he is healthy. I like him finding his rhythm.  He scored 13 points vs the raptors. He also showed the ability to absorb contact and finish at the basket.  He seems to fit well with the starters. He had a nice put back dunk. 

I would like to see him go down hill more. I want to see him attack the rim on more plays. Good thing seems to happen with him in the lane. Though, this issue could be coaching issue.   

On 10/29/2019 at 8:13 PM, LaVar said:

Game 36: Raptors: Fultz has almost taken more 3s in 3 games than in the 33 games he played over 2 seasons.  This shows me that he is healthy. I like him finding his rhythm.  He scored 13 points vs the raptors. He also showed the ability to absorb contact and finish at the basket.  He seems to fit well with the starters. He had a nice put back dunk. 

I would like to see him go down hill more. I want to see him attack the rim on more plays. Good thing seems to happen with him in the lane. Though, this issue could be coaching issue.   

game 37: Knicks: Fultz was a ghost in this game. He really did not do much. He was not really aggressive to the basket. Their was a stretch, with the second team, were really needed him to make plays, but our offense just kept doing dumb dribble hand offs and quick flare screens for quick threes. I think the coaching staff needs to call more pick in roll with fultz. I would like to see some kimba walker style plays ran by cliff for fultz.   

• Downvote 1

game 38: Bucks: No one on the magic played great in this game. Fournier scored a few points and that was about ti. This game reminded me of the knicks game for fultz. He did shot a few shots early in the game, but that was about it. Nothing great to speak about.